Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I could use some help really bad. I'm currently working on a marketing assignment about the Honda Element (randomly picked it). Since I don't know anything about it and can't find any information on it, than I was wondering if any of you guys/gals would have information on it or is willing to point me to a website that has information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

stue19

·
Registered
730 Posts
You can find anything and everything you would ever want to know about the E right here. What info were you looking for?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The E is what it is , the marketing of the vehicle to its intended target users was a bit off , I see more ' old ' people driving it than the gen Xers .... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can find anything and everything you would ever want to know about the E right here. What info were you looking for?
Pretty much everything. Here is the outline of my assignment:

- Cover Page
- Executive Summary
- Introduction
- Description of Vehicle and Company Overview
- Strategic Focus and Plan
- Industry Analysis and Environmental Factors Influencing Sales
- Company Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Target Market
- Product Strategy
- Price Strategy
- Place/Distribution Strategy
- Promotional Activities, Advertising, Publicity
- Conclusion (future prospects of the vehicle)

So every bit of information is needed. I'm not in a huge rush to get this assignment done as it's not due for another month, but I want to get started on it.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Personally I'd be feeling the time crunch if you only have a month. We can certainly give you great perspective from an owners POV - but I recall from my days of working at a Dealer - the Honda marketing guy didn't seem at all surprised by my expression that we've sold the "E" to everyone but his target market.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was an intention.

For some of it you may want to get in contact with a local dealer and ask them for the district rep - and / or a contact to reach Honda's marketing folks. ALSO! Dealers receive a marketing brief about the model and what it's target is, and what it has to offer for that target market. They make the sales person go through training on every model every year.

Failing that - try AHM themselves.

Contact Us
For further assistance, feel free to contact Honda Automobile Customer Service. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

By Phone
At our toll-free number: 1-800-999-1009

By Fax
(310) 783-3023 (24 Hours)

By Mail
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

·
Registered
730 Posts
I hope he does not mind me mentioning him as a reference but I really like Ramblerdan's website he has created where he talks about many different specifications and how he compaired the E to other SUVs as well as how he made his decision to go with an E. http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/ :cool: He is one of the Moderators of this site and he knows a lot about the Element. When I read one if his posts I know it is something I can trust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for all the great info and help. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do on this site.

Edit: Oh and thanks ramblerdan for the link, that is exactly the information I am looking for!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Good luck on your assignment. There are a lot of good suggestions for general info already posted above. And Ramblerdan's website will definitely give you a detailed analysis on why one person chose the Element over others. Browse through the different sections of this forum also to give you some ideas of how and why different people chose the Element and what they have done with it ranging from shows, camping, hauling and various sport.

If you have any specific questions just ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would any of you guys consider the Nissan Cube as a competitor of the Element? It looks sorta like the Element, but it's not considered a cross over right?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Would any of you guys consider the Nissan Cube as a competitor of the Element? It looks sorta like the Element, but it's not considered a cross over right?
A search for "Nissan cube" revealed this thread !

Dom

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Keep researching . . . we will make a convert out of you! ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, sorry again for another question, and if I should be asking these in another thread or a different section of the forum, just yell at me. But my question is: does anyone have any information on goals that the Honda is trying to reach with the Element, or even charts, graphs, or surveys about the Element that would help me in writing my paper? I looked everywhere on the internet and on this forum, but no luck, so I'm hoping you Element lovers got some hiding somewhere.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
goals that the Honda is trying to reach with the Element
You mean aside from selling cars and making money? But seriously, as the Powerpoint presentation says (or at least implies), Honda wanted to bring first-time buyers into the Honda family with the Element, with the idea of engendering brand loyalty in the future.

charts, graphs, or surveys
Pertaining to what, exactly? Demographics? Sales? Customer satisfaction? Tech?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, just any graphs, charts, surveys there is out there that is about the Honda Element. Don't look to hard, but if you know where there are some off the top of your head, than I could definitely use them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts