Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently got alot of money. i already have a catback injen exhaust and an injen CAI. what else can i do to my motor to make my car go faster? no turbo though

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Um let me see, No Turbo, Well then.

Just rip it out and drop in a 426 Hemi !

All the power you want, and more!

Dom

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got 1500 dollars to spend and i dont know what to do to my car? n e suggestions? im thinking about getting coilovers but i keep thinking about when they go bad and i have to get new ones and thats too expensive

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Your thinking of springs, not coilovers. Coilovers come complete with the shocks/struts, springs reuse the stock shocks/struts, thats when those go bad after a year, yes, you will shell out about $800, so add in the sprigs, $250, you have just bought a set of KSports or Tein Coilovers. Honestly, on the performance spectrum, not much gains from stuff, but the Injen intake and exhaust should do you over, the ksports are $925, so you could get those and have some for wheels. Ypur honestly looking at thousands of $$$$$$ to really mod your E with anything worth while due to you will need a fuel management system to run any big non bolt on changes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so tein coilovers will not wear out in about a year and its a good buy? i found a shop that said t hey can get it for me for 1000 dollars. where can i just buy tein coilovers online cus i think that would be cheaper

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I reccomend KSports, in about a month the new rear spring rates will be available. They are adjustable for compression and rebound, body adjustable, and have front camber plates, which are way better than camber bolts. just remember, you will need a rear camber kit with both brands and the front camber bolts for the teins. By the way, someone selling a complete tein setup with all needed camber stuff, lightly used is the sale section, $650, its a steal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what are cambers? why do i only need em in the rear and what are camber bolts? and how much would all the camber stuff be?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not trying to be mean, but before you start wanting to lower a vehicle or mod it in anyway, you should read up and research a lot. Stuff like camber kits are to bring your suspension and steering back straight/vertical when alignments are done. The Tein's need front camber bolts to do this, which need periodic tightening which is annoying according to others, the KSports are a set it and forget it. Camber kits should be under $200 shipped, or just the Eibach rear arms for $145 from summit racing shipped free. Go on to google and search how camber kits work, what they are, why they are needed. Also search coilover suspension faq's to learn how they work and how to adjust them. If you are not ready or understand this, I do not recommend putting them on yourself, seek professional installation, you can do a lot if harm if you do not know what your doing, including messing up cv joints, ball joints, ect.

Later
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts