Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have seen all the posting on what we need but just want to clarify some things.
I have a 05 EX

I want to buy this DVD in dash radio
Pioneer AVH P4100DVD

Do i need to buy this Metra 70-1720 Radio Wiring Harness??
Cant i just use the one that is in there now??

Also what kind of mounting bracket do i have to buy for the radio?
Or can i use the one that's in there now

And how easy is this to install? if i have the all the stuff.. At best buy they will do it for 100 bucks or should i just try myself??

·
Registered
834 Posts
OK i have seen all the posting on what we need but just want to clarify some things.
I have a 05 EX

I want to buy this DVD in dash radio
Pioneer AVH P4100DVD
Sweet, good unit from Pioneer, no Navigation, still good HU.

Do i need to buy this Metra 70-1720 Radio Wiring Harness??
Cant i just use the one that is in there now??
Yes, Metra harness is a must IMO and you get to keep the original harness in case you decided to selling whichever.

Also what kind of mounting bracket do i have to buy for the radio?
Or can i use the one that's in there now
Metra also makes a good MB kit and no, you cant use what's in there now.

And how easy is this to install? if i have the all the stuff.. At best buy they will do it for 100 bucks or should i just try myself??
It's easy to install HU if you've done this things before, unlike me never had experience with installing and rather pay someone to do it for me, besides i have the amps and other things that requires professional install. I personally think 100 bucks is a good deal, with Harness and the MB, that's GP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This thread is your friend: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52097

I actually just ordered the Pioneer AVH-4100DVD HU as well. The one feature in particular that I like about this unit is it has 3 RCA outputs compared to the smaller Pioneer AVH-3100DVD. What this means for you is that you can wire your HU in order to retain both the stock amp, sub and AUX jack.

You may consider getting the Metra 70-1725 harness instead of the 70-1720 in order to use your RCA outputs on the back of your HU in order to hook up your stock speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts