Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2004 Element now for about 3 years. I was traveling on the highway the other day and I thought I saw something fly by my drivers side window. At this time I of course was listening to music, probably way to loud and talking to my dog. When I finally reached my destination I had completly forgotten about the random thing that flew by window untill someone asked what had happened to my car. At this time I noticed that the grey panel that connects the roof of the car to the hood on the left side of the windshield was missing. From the looks of it I think it is a seperate plastic piece that clips in, but I have no idea what it is called if there is anyone that might know what this part is called please let me know. I would rather order it and install my self unless this is an impossible task and I have to take it to a Certified Honda Dealer. Thanks for all the help!
CHHEEERS

·
Registered
163 Posts
sorry I can't help but I have noticed how flimsy those trim pieces are and mine moves more then I'd ever expect a part on a car to move so it doesnt surprise me that you lost yours. I am sure thats where some air noise comes from as well.

Install it yourself. I am sure in only consists of a few clips and do your best to secure it better then the factory did. Good Luck

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome

Hey - right place to visit! These folks will be able to help. Even suggesting where to get parts.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the great advice. I will be sure to fill out my profile ASAP. Let me know if you think of any other solutions.
CHEERS

·
Registered
78 Posts
When we picked up our new E last month I noticed that piece you're referring to was not sitting correctly. Seems a clip had broken so we had to take it back in the following day for repair. Like mentioned, that piece is only held on by clips and if one breaks/comes loose it wouldnt surprise me that it would come flying off during travel. It only took the mechanic a few short minutes to replace that part--and if I'm not mistaken he even added a few extra clips to insure its stability.

:)
D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts