Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a set of Skunk 2 stage one cams, an RBB intake manifold, a TB spacer (because the tuner said it was a needed mod with the RBB) and a K&N intake. The tuner said everything would work but a week and much aggravation later, the car has a serious bog from 2000-3000rpm. Above 3000 it runs like a champ but you tend to drive 90% of the time below this rpm. So whatever gains were made are pretty useless right about now.

The tuner tried to add more fuel using the AEM FIC but to no avail. Either he had no experience with an automatic K24 or just full of S#$%!

I am 1300 dollars into this experiment and really regreting it all. I wish I had just installed the intake and saved my money, peace of mind and of course precious time.

I really need help from some of the folks here who have some experience in this realm. What are my options? Is it the cams causing the bogging and if so should I reinstall the stock cams? Would this cure it? Is it the RBB manifold too? I am about to return the car to stock and buy a Charger...please help.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Has this tuner ever used the FIC? I am not sure who you are using and if they are used to tuning the k series. It is very confusing if you dont know what you're doing. It needs a proper tune from a tuner. You are in miami, there are plenty of them out there. Find a good tuner and get a good dyno tune. Yeah, it costs more, but will be sooooo worth it in the end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shop has a dyno but what good is it if the shop owner has no idea how to correct this issue?

These Skunk 2 cams ARE NOT compatible with the stock ECU.....heed my warning and save your money.

I think I am gonna buy a charger....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cams

I recently installed a set of Skunk 2 stage one cams, an RBB intake manifold, a TB spacer (because the tuner said it was a needed mod with the RBB) and a K&N intake. The tuner said everything would work but a week and much aggravation later, the car has a serious bog from 2000-3000rpm. Above 3000 it runs like a champ but you tend to drive 90% of the time below this rpm. So whatever gains were made are pretty useless right about now.

The tuner tried to add more fuel using the AEM FIC but to no avail. Either he had no experience with an automatic K24 or just full of S#$%!

I am 1300 dollars into this experiment and really regreting it all. I wish I had just installed the intake and saved my money, peace of mind and of course precious time.

I really need help from some of the folks here who have some experience in this realm. What are my options? Is it the cams causing the bogging and if so should I reinstall the stock cams? Would this cure it? Is it the RBB manifold too? I am about to return the car to stock and buy a Charger...please help.
Your problem here might be because you don't have the Hondata K-pro ECU to make specific tuning and adjustments (this would help, and get it properly tuned from a proper Hondata dealer).

I remember a thread here that talks about it search it and directly email message some other people who might have more experience. Other Kseries Forums can help too. G'luck!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can't say the cam are definitely your bog problem without seeing it myself, but I wouldn't put cams in an auto trans E. You can't advance the ignition timing to get any benefit from it. yes you can make it have the right amount of fuel but that will only do so much.

Most likely the Tuner has never tuned with a piggyback properly before. Not many Tuners have experience with them.

Pull the cams out, sell them and invest in a blower or turbo kit. That way you can use the FIC for it's intended purpose "boost hiding", fuel enrichment, and timing retard.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Haha, I thought he meant a Dodge Charger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts