Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my E a yr. and a half ago with the existing flip down DVD player in it. The only problem is it doesn't have a dome light built into it. Since I'm off of work temporarily I thought I would take care of this once and for all. After flipping through pages of threads containing dome light mods and DVD installs last night I thought it would be a piece of cake. This morning I took down the DVD player to find that none of the original dome light wires are are existing. My questions: is its safe and or possible to splice 2 led lights to the DVD players wires to get a dome light? Also how could I run it into the door switch to go off when the doors are closed? Would it be easier to just splice it from the rear dome wires and run them up front. (keep in mind I have done the both dome lights at the same time mod for some light)

If this helps the manual says - 5 wires...2 Black - one is ground and the other is a ground that connects to a yellow wire with a 5A fuse. The yellow runs to the battery, a red wire to the ignition, and blue to a power amp.

Heres a pic. of what I got...Might help. Also if you weren't aware I'm not the best with electrical work...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very interested in a solution for this, as I just purchased my second E. It's a 2004 that also has an installed flip-down screen where the dome lamp used to be. I would LOVE to be able to wire the 2 built-in bulbs to work with the existing wiring, keeping the function identical (door open, on/door close, fade off). Right now, I have no lights come on at all when I get in and out and it's enraging!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts