Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow EOCers...

Its time to put together a meet-and-greet NorCal-style... I'm starting this new thread so that we don't clutter up the "Roll Call"... Please start posting ideas on the location of where this meet should take place...

We've got the date and time (NOON) so keep in mind a place with either a large parking lot or space large enough to take pics and not be in anyone's way...

The Ocean Beach meet (thread below this one...) was very cool and with only 4-days notice, we managed to get 3 to show...

So post your ideas and lets get this done... If you cannot make it, no worries, next time...! If you can, I'm looking forward to meeting you, getting pics of your E, and hoping we can get more of the Element owners in the Bay aware of this club's existence...

A very proud NorCal owner...

LBD

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Let me "bump" this thread so I can generate some interest... I'm guessing that no one wants to have their ideas shot down so I'll start with mine...

I'm thinking of having the October 10th meet at the San Leandro Marina... It's actually in view of Oakland Airport, lots of space, there's a park nearby to maybe do some grilling/bbq'ing/picnicking and if you'd like, get your surf poles out and do some fishing as well...

I did my first set of pics there and I wouldn't mind heading back there... It's clean, spacious and maybe closer to more of us than Ocean Beach...

Here's the link to those shots I took there... It's the last six... The first three are from my camping trip...
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/album.php?albumid=295

Any other ideas...?

LBD

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well, I am fond of Benicia, and there are several parking lots that have Views of the bay and bridge for Carquinez. Spots I can think of there are the Marina, 1st Street Pier, and industrial park. Also, Martinez Marina, next to concord, has one of THE HUGEST AND EMPTIEST PARKING LOTS EVER!!! It also demolishes anyone's fears of driving through SF traffic. We can also go to Grizzly Peak in Berkley, it overlooks SF, Berkley, and Oakland, and is really high up. Great for photo ops. You get there by driving up Fish Ranch road right before the tunnel.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi people,

I might be in the Sierra mtns the 10/10 weekend, but I wonder if anyone has a local drive in. Elements could arrive early, takes some pics, chat and have a monster tailgate party (and/or nap in our Es, hah). The Santa Cruz drive-in is no longer, so I don't have any specific suggestions about locations, just the general idea and figured I'd put it out there in case anyone else loves it and can make it more tangible.

I have other ideas for spots, but they're all dirt lots that are close to hiking trails, and I suspect this is meant more to be a 'hang near and enjoy the cars' adventure.

I'd love to meet some of you folks at some point!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update... (9/24-Thu)...

E-ople,

Did the tour up to the Grizzly Peak area and there are some seriously SPECTACULAR views over there... The only drawback is that parking is only off the side of the road and there are a lot of people, from tourists to bikers, motorcyclists as well as hikers up in that area coming and going...

I was driving around there from 1pm on just to check out where it would be safe but spacious for all of us to meet, if there aren't going to be any further ideas, I say we meet up in either the Martinez parking lot or San Leandro Marina area... It would be nice to settle on an area by this weekend so that E-ople can make there plans in advance...

What say you...?

LBD

PS: Nice DIY post for the filters Rymo926...!!! You da man...!!! But... Who took all those great shots... Oh, wait... I DID...!!! LOL!!! Nice job regardless and now where are yours and Eclectic707's pics...???

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
his pic are coming after he gets his laptop back.

i 2nd san leandro and bbq.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in. I have to work that day and I will get out of work early as I can. Can we make it at 1pm. I used up all my vacation time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm sure everyone will still be there after 1pm.:D The parking lot in Martinez Marina I'm talking about is HUGE! HUGE! AND EMPTY!!!

Google Maps:
Go to 170 Tarantino Dr. Martinez, Ca: Then spin the street view to face South, South West. You will see a few cars in a big paved area, it usually has not one single car in it...

Or there's still a drive-in Movie place in Pleasant Hill on Solano Dr.

Whatever anyone else wants, I'm game.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lbd heading out to Vallejo today so I'll be posting those pics soon only got 4 more hours of work then I'm off to see the wizard. Haha.... So is meet spot settled for so I can make some mini flyers. Any spot for me is good. I know there's dan foley park has alot of parking spaces and spots to BBQ even a lake to fish or even Benicia park here in Vallejo. I'll check back later to see if spot is settled for.

·
Registered
159 Posts
tOo bad we don't have an EOC banner that be kick ass if we did:)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think we need a food place, so we're not standing there for hours w/o food water and restrooms.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think we need a food place, so we're not standing there for hours w/o food water and restrooms.
That's why Marinas are a good idea. They usually have parks nearby. The Benicia Marina, Martinez Marina, and San Leandro one all seem like good pics. The one here in Benicia is about a block away from main street which has tons of resturaunts. Also right next to a pier, a large park with barbeque-pits and a couple other water-front nice-ities. I don't know about Vallejo... I have worked there, and been there, and dealt with Vallejo as a whole... I don't know, some parts of it are better than others, and I have no idea where Benicia park is out there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I vote San Leandro Marina

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Moderators...!

Any chance one of you guys could LOCK this thread closed please...?

Thanks!

LBD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.