Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a picture of the underneath of an Element... I have an 05 and there is a part which I don't know what it is or what it does but it appears to be loose. I can describe it but it sounds like a joke!!! It is in the rear, it is shaped like a sausage, positioned front to back, is sitting in a ring at both ends. Problem is that this thing is loose in both rings. It would seem that it would not bounce around, like there should be something holding it tighter in these rings. I was looking underneath because of a noise. I have read about the diff fluid and will change that. Does anyone know the part I am talking about or have a picture so I can point the part out?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I wish my E looked like that underneath. Mine is all brown and crunchy.
I can't think of anything "sausage shaped" off hand except the anti sway bar that has poly bushings at either end.

Parts #6, 7 and 8?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I think what your talking about is a viboration dampener and I saw this under mine also. It is hooked up to the rear end mounting and it had a pin on the side of it to keep it from falling out of the holes. Maybe it gets rid of a little rear end noise or its there just to boggle our minds.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
need help

thank you everyone for your response. i don't see that part on the diagram or picture. i have a 4WD and i think it has something to do with that. i looked under another element today and it did not have this part i am describing, but it wasn't a 4WD. The part is made of rubber. It seems to not be attached to anything! It just sits in those rings and bounces around! I am going to take a picture of it and attach it. Please if anyone knows anything, let me know! Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thats what I was talking about but I think the part is made of metal. Feels heavy.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts