Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

If anyone has pictures of a kayak installed on the Honda kayak attachment it would be greatly appreciated if you could send them me way. I'm looking for views of the strap going over the kayak on both sides.

It does need to be the OEM Honda attachment.

thanks!
Trevor

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll try to take a picture this weekend. I had to buy longer straps because my ocean kayak was too wide for the dinky straps provided.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You mean like this:

I googled "honda kayak attachment" and used images
I don't know if it's on an E . There are more images of them on E's just not close up

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well I've got camera problems, but let me see if i can esplain.

The picture above does not look like the same OEM kayak saddles i'm using, but the straps don't hook or interface with the saddles at all.

basically, starting on one side of the kayak/element, send the strap over the top of the kayak to the other side of the kayak/element.
Now on the other side of the kayak/element, bring the strap under the crossbar and then send back over the kayak to the first side.
Once back on the first side, bring the strap under the crossbar and fasten.

so - the straps are always OVER the kayak and then on the sides they are UNDER the crossbars.

Do you have the pictures from the instructions?

I got the replacement straps at sportsman's wearhouse, but i've also seen them at my local home depot.

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts