Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My windshield squirters stopped for some unknown reason :x The reservoir holds fluid and is fine so I know that's not the problem. I am having a hard time locating the wire harness plug that attaches to the motor on the reservoir...does anyone have a service manual picture or anything that could help? I searched and couldnt find a manual online. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not frozen. they havent been working for a while and i park in a heated garage. i just need to get it fixed soon because of all the salt on my windows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
HandA
Helm

Do you hear the motor running? Does the rear washer work?
i went to use the rear wiper squirter and fluid came out for a couple seconds and then stopped. i tried again and no fluid came out but i could hear the motor. my car has been parked outside in the cold right now if that would make a difference.

the front squirters dont work at all and i cant hear the motor when trying to use them.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
idk about the element cause it is outside and it is dark out, but on the mini coopers at work, this happens cause the screws tighten and stop the flow. if there are a couple screws on the "squirters" try turning them counter clockwise to loosen and see if that does the trick. whenever a mini comes in with this problem we fix it in about two minutes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the rear is working fine again...still no motor sound or anything from the fronts.

do they use the same motor? is there a fusible link for the fronts somewhere?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to page 237 of the the 2007 owner's manual, the front wiper is fuse #20, and the rear is fuse #9 (both in the under-dash fuse box). If the wiper motor is working, then the washer motor is probably burned out or there's an open connection somewhere.
do you happen to know where the plug is on the reservoir? i cant seem to find it and everything is really packed under there. i will check the fuse tonight. thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to page 237 of the the 2007 owner's manual, the front wiper is fuse #20, and the rear is fuse #9 (both in the under-dash fuse box). If the wiper motor is working, then the washer motor is probably burned out or there's an open connection somewhere.
both the wipers work fine...looks like ill be taking the front bumper off this weekend :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts