Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking for some tips....I just got my 2003 Element and I have about a 45 min Hwy commute to work every day. I drive about 115 kms per hr. Should I have the o/d button on or off? Currently I have been driving with it off.
Also, my malfunction light has come on...and I know that I always tighten the gas cap. (I guess it's time to take it in).
Also, I need to buy some winter tires and I am looking for some used rims. Are CRV rims compatible? Looking for other suggestions as well. My last car was an 88 acura Legend and I had just bought new winter tires for it...but they are 15...could they work?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yup should have the OD on when you get up to 40ish or faster for extended periods. The E won't get into 4th gear without it. It will save you alot of gas.

·
Registered
203 Posts
OD should be used at all times unless towing something. It saves alot of gas. I'm not sure on the tires.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hello and welcome Alyssa!

I'm assuming that you are in Canada, since you travel at 115 km/hr....?

Couldn't possibly be in the GTA, cause I can only hit that speed on the 407 from Burlington to Mississauga...everywhere else is bumper to bumper, stop and go...(I live in Hamilton, and work in Mississauga - 45 minutes if little traffic, usually 1 1/4 hours)

I have the Michelin LTX M/S tires year round, and they work just fine for winter here....(and if you are in Quebec, where they have just made snow tires mandatory for winter - these tires qualify as snow tires...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh crap..haha...I made a mistake...I must have been way over tired when I wrote my first post...I do drive with the O/D on...and I just wanted to check if that was correct thing to do. Thanks for the replies.
I'm sure I will have tons more questions. This is a great site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts