Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Element is a niche-vehicle, and I'm looking for some advice about how to price mine as I reluctantly put it on the market. I've owned it from the beginning in 2003, and it has been a flawless vehicle. I've kept it in excellent condition with low-ish miles (108K), no body damage, and excellent paint (waxed often, and kept in the garage when home). It's also AWD and manual (which is just a GREAT gear box, and I love the control driving in the mountains... didn't need to change brake pads until 100K, even though they still had about a quarter of the pads left).

Blue Book seems ridiculously low at ~$3500. For that, I'd just keep it. So I'm asking for pricing advice as well as recommendations on where to advertise it. Manual transmission vehicles are a hard-sell here in Southern California, but I know that they're more popular in other areas of the country, especially in mountainous areas.

Any advice that can be passed along would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here in the Northeast, manual-shift Elements are also a tough sell. The are priced hundreds less than automatics, and still don't sell.
Many buyers are like me: click the ad, notice the "manual" designation, move to the next ad.
There are shoppers who only want the manual gearbox, but they know they have little competition and keep the prices down.
For you, I wouldn't price it as low as the book says. You have a low-mileage example in a desireable color. Somebody wants your exact Element. Just may take time to sell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why not just keep it as a 2nd vehicle for those hardware store runs? I'm in Socal too, manual anything is a tough sell, even sports cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just keeping it...

Exactly what I'm considering. I've already used it for utility purposes, and it IS nice not to use my newer vehicle. Also, it is hard to beat for local camping trips.

Plan is to advertise it for what I'd accept, and if I can't get that, just hold on to it.

Thank you,

Bob

·
Registered
643 Posts
I would start out at $4500 or you could even try $5000. Does not hurt to see if you will get any interest. If not interest, keep it as a camper/hauler. It is getting harder to find a lower mileage Element of any year and your miles are great for the year. Unfortunately driving the manual is becoming a lost art. It did get me a lower price on when I bought my 07 in 2010.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Bob (RAS), I'm curious if you sold your vehicle yet? I'm in SoCal and am looking to buy a MT Element. Thanks!
Exactly what I'm considering. I've already used it for utility purposes, and it IS nice not to use my newer vehicle. Also, it is hard to beat for local camping trips.

Plan is to advertise it for what I'd accept, and if I can't get that, just hold on to it.

Thank you,

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.