Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back to stock suspension from Tein Basics. Plans are to go with an AT tire (235 70 16) on the stock wheels. So here are my questions:

1) Has anyone run spacers on the Element with AT tires larger than stock? Does it create any issues with clearence? Planning on running a 10 or 15mm spacer making the offset somewhere between +35 to +30. Good (as in safe) or bad (as in not safe) idea? Not looking for if you like the idea or not.

2) My rear sway bar is bouncing and rattling on every minute bump. Going to replace bushings and end links. Does any one know of a polyurethane bushing kit for the stock sway bar? Would go with ST sway bars but not wanting to limit travel.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have been trying to get a hold of a set of 05' up mustang swaybar links, they look to be the same and Energy Suspension makes aftermarket ones for them and they are metric, I just need to take measurements, so if anyone has a 05' up stang or can measure the links on one at a shop or on a buddy's, it may open up a possibility for you and us.

As for the spacers, I do not like them but if you definately want them, BUY HUB CENTRIC ONES, you will have a lot less chance of vibration issues and a less chance of breaking a stud.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Steve. Was definatly planning on running hub centric spacers.

Let me know if you find anything out about the Mustang end links. Do you experience any rattling too?

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.