Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cracked into an f150 with a trailer hitch on Friday the 13th...and tore apart the bumper cover and smashed one of my fog lights :x

I have been looking online for a replacement bumper cover, but the ones I have found indicate they are "primered" bumpers. I don't think this is what I need, as I do not intend to paint it. I just need a dark gray plastic cover. Does anyone out there know where I can get one at a reasonable price? I am trying to avoid going to a dealer, if at all possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Cracked into an f150 with a trailer hitch on Friday the 13th...and tore apart the bumper cover and smashed one of my fog lights :x

I have been looking online for a replacement bumper cover, but the ones I have found indicate they are "primered" bumpers. I don't think this is what I need, as I do not intend to paint it. I just need a dark gray plastic cover. Does anyone out there know where I can get one at a reasonable price? I am trying to avoid going to a dealer, if at all possible.

Thanks!

I don't understand why you want a gray front fascia. Your Element is Kiwi Green. If you do not intend to paint it, the black would look better.

That's what the LX came with, not Gray.

Dom

·
Registered
178 Posts
There are many junk yard search engines where the part you are looking for is sent to hundreds of yards across the U.S. and they basically compete with you on price. The nice thing is they will also send you pics on request prior to shipment and order. I would highly consider a google search for "junk yard search". Most people knock junk yards but I've never had a bad experience even with body parts.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
the ones I have found indicate they are "primered" bumpers. I don't think this is what I need, as I do not intend to paint it. I just need a dark gray plastic cover...
EX bumpers/fenders are painted on the '07 models. Do you maybe have an LX? A different year?

Or by "bumper cover" do you maybe mean the plastic insert that goes in the center of the bumper (like the license plate area)?

The bumper cover (and fenders) are shown in blue here...

The rectangular lower piece between the fog lights shown in silver is the "insert."

This is what the cover looks like off the car....

If your car looks like this (but green, not blue of course)....

You'll need the primered version, the upper portion is painted and the lower portion remains "plain." (It is hard to spot the insert in this version)

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts