Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time to replace the rear rotors. Ok it is getting very close to time to replace them. I have almost 132,000 miles and figured I might as well pick them up and when I have the time I would just swap them.

Other than the OEM rotors for $65-75/ea what other rotors are people using on the rear? When I did a quick search earlier I saw that Brembo, Winhere, PBR and Mountain make rotors for the 2004 Element... I am going to assume they are the same for my 2003. :roll:

So, what have people used, where did you get them and what did you pay?

My fronts were changed out already back in Apr '08.

Thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
541 Posts
i have brembo blanks on the rear. there great but the hat by the hub rusts.i should have sprayed them first.they were cheap and i got them from tire rack in 2 days.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Larry, see my posts on front disk removal before you start. Those rotors might be a devil to take off.
I am sure they are going to be a pain to get off. But I need to replace them pretty soon.

Were you referring to the post where you talked about using a grinder to get them off?

I didn't look in the shop manual yet, but are the rears removed the same as the fronts using a couple of bolts to push it off the hub?

Did you use OEM rotors or did you go aftermarket?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just did my fronts with Centric rotors and pads. The center "hat" both front and back, cooling vanes and edges are coated with their e-coating to prevent the parts the pad doesn't touch from rusting. I didn't do the rears because they still have pad left and weren't squealing like the fronts were.

The rears are available from PartsTrain.com (where I ordered from) for $34/ea. and the pads are only $25 for the whole rear set. That's about $100 for everything.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just did my fronts with Centric rotors and pads. The center "hat" both front and back, cooling vanes and edges are coated with their e-coating to prevent the parts the pad doesn't touch from rusting. I didn't do the rears because they still have pad left and weren't squealing like the fronts were.

The rears are available from PartsTrain.com (where I ordered from) for $34/ea. and the pads are only $25 for the whole rear set. That's about $100 for everything.
Thanks, those look good. I will have to check into them.

Relevant post here.

I used aftermarket rotors. The rears are still on a shelf; will check when I get home.
You struggled with the fronts, I already did mine and didn't have any issues as you described changing those out. The rears I am only worried about because of the inner parking brake in there. Not sure how that thing even works. lol

I am going to have to grab the shop manual from the garage and do a bit of reading. :-(

When I did the rotors on my 03 I used Brembo OEM rotors, they worked extremely well and I was highly pleased with their stopping power. Didn't get to test them long enough to verify their longevity.
Well what did you get rid of the 03 for? Couldn't you anticipate my needing to know this answer? This is why I gave you a lump of coal for the holiday! :lol:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Well what did you get rid of the 03 for? Couldn't you anticipate my needing to know this answer? This is why I gave you a lump of coal for the holiday! :lol:
:060::051::sport022:

The 03 was an AT, I found an 07 MT at a local dealer and they gave me a good price on both the purchase and the trade. Everybody knows the 07/08's are the best, and everybody knows MT's are the best. Additionally, everybody knows TRP is both the smartest and the best color. How could I pass this up!? :razz:

BTW happy 8,000th post!:cheerleader:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
541 Posts
if you have a mallet,impact driver for the rotor screws and some open end wrenches you should be fine. the only difference with the rear rotors vs fronts is you have the drum parking brake on the inside of the hat. you have to wiggle them off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts