Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I love all things aviation, with that said, I'm thinking about adding some "aviation flair", if you will, to my E. In reference to Honda's new "Honda Jet", I'd like to create my own...of sorts. Here's my concept of the front. Please give me your opinions. I want to make it cool, rather than "dorky".

The tiny red dot on the top and bottom will be a "beacon", something all aircraft have. Either LED or some other type of slow rotating/flashing red light.

The green and red spots where the fog lights would normally be, are navigation lights.

The doors will have a yellow arrow pointing to the door handle "Rescue"
Additionally, the doors will have the classic red triangle "Danger Ejection Seat"

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I say go for it!

The Element is know for its stealth, so it's a no-brainer :rolleyes:

I'd either add a B-17 turret to the top or a refueling boom off a KC-135 - just to jazz it up a bit! I like the nav-lights idea.

Cheers,

Jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
the flashing/revolving red light will probably get you into trouble on the street.
it might be a good idea at an airport. the other changes might be appreciated at a general aviation airport or amongst aviation enthusiasts, but would probably raise an eyebrow or 2 amongst the general public.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I think I'd go with some nose art ala WWII B17. In college a friend of mine had a 65 Chevy van we painted silver and airbrushed fake rivets all over it and did the Air Force graphics of a Korean war era F86. We mounted a propane heater on either side in the back that could be ignited from the drivers seat. It was a real attention grabber at the van ins we would go to. I say go for it:). Drew:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exactly what I should do! Only money right! That would really be something. I actually have flight time in a B-17, "Sentimental Journey", she's based out of the Arizona Wing of the Commemorative Air Force (formally the Confederate Air Force). The most exciting two hours of my life! Nose art should be a must!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Red revolving lights on a vehicle are a VERY bad idea. In Ohio, for example, you can only put one on your personal vehicle if you are a volunteer fireman.

But it does vary from state to state, Indiana requires they volunteers use a blue light.:confused:

Definitely check your local laws before doing that mod.

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
I don't know if having them on your vehicle at all is in violation or not....I know turning them on certainly is. Lots of show cars have strobe lights and are ok as long as they don't use them on the street.

IMO I would try to emulate as much as possible of that jet picture. Even doing the two tone paint the same and you must put the airplane tag on the back somehow with the "N12345". I'm not crazy about the hood decals...they're a little bit "Captain America" for me and stand out a bit much.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Red revolving lights on a vehicle are a VERY bad idea. In Ohio, for example, you can only put one on your personal vehicle if you are a volunteer fireman.

But it does vary from state to state, Indiana requires they volunteers use a blue light.:confused:

Definitely check your local laws before doing that mod.
Ha! In Indiana, you'd get a ticket for the green light, a ticket for the red light, a bill for the impound fee, and a free ride home.

On the other hand, I watched a medium/small turboprop commuter flight land on the highway running through the middle of town when they lost power on takeoff. He just missed about everything from a 2,000,000 volt power line to twenty or thirty utility poles, traffic lights, an overpass, and about forty or fifty cars on main street, stopping about a hundred feet short of the town's main gasoline station - and he only lost half a wing doing it. That plane went through part of town at 130mph or more and nobody gave him a ticket that I know of.

·
Registered
555 Posts
the flashing/revolving red light will probably get you into trouble on the street.
it might be a good idea at an airport. the other changes might be appreciated at a general aviation airport or amongst aviation enthusiasts, but would probably raise an eyebrow or 2 amongst the general public.
In NYS you will get a ticket for the green or red light. Green lights in NY are for vol. ambulance members. Red are for police and fire dept and fire dept chiefs vehicles. Blue are for vol. fire dept and fire police members.
You may be o.k. if you dont ever get caught running them (not sure what they'd do if caught in a familiar NY roadblock).

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Here are a few pictures to get your creative engine running. Modern aircraft are typically "low viz" hues of gray and dark gray or black. Fighter tail fins are sometimes painted more colorfully. You can search the websites of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, Udvar-Hazy, or the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson for more marking ideas.
ch_46_hmm_263.jpeg PICT0051 FA-18D 164652 VMFAAW242 01 right rear tail l.jpg IMG_0065a.JPG

1 - 20 of 22 Posts