Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here has run a negative camber set up on their E. I've been saving for this pretty crazy rim/suspension set up and I was looking for advice if anyone has any. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've been noticing a negative camber on both of my rear wheels and it drives me crazy to look at it! I took it into the dealer last year and all they did was a re alignment and said that the previous owner probably did a lot of towing which I can understand but is there anyway to fix the camber because I don't want my tires to wear unevenly.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yes, There is E's running a lot of neg camber, search staggered fitment and you will see. I run -3 in the back to clear mine.

And to fix it, buy a camber kit from spc, you can get it from summit racing or ebay.

Later
Steve

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Yeah, there are a couple of us running a little more negative than the -1 factory setting.

I'm running -3.6 in the rear to get my wheels to tuck without hitting anything.
You need a camber kit for sure.
I can't accurately say how bad the wear is on average because I only put a couple thousand miles on these wheels each year.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey burn that's a nice set up man! What size are your wheels and tires?
And to fix it, buy a camber kit from spc, you can get it from summit racing or ebay.
I don't want to sound ignorant or anything, but what is spc? I've never heard of them... i know that ingals makes a camber kit....but ya. I'm looking at running a 20x9 front and a 20x10.5 or 20x11 rear set up...but I don't want it to look like a low rider with wheels that stick out hella far.... lol!!!!!!!! I was thinking something more along these lines : http://bippu4life.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/blue-tsx-works-vsxx.jpg
or
http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/UserCarPat/1545210/p1.jpg

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
hey burn that's a nice set up man! What size are your wheels and tires?
My wheels are 20x8, 20x9. I'm not sure what the offset is. I forget my tires sizes, I'll have to get back to you. I would go 20x9.5 all around if I were you. That seems to be the perfect setup. If you go 10.5 or 11 in the rear I think you'll have trouble fitting those in there. Of course, with enough work you could fit almost anything in there :grin:. Those pics you posted are nice, I wish we could slam our E's like that. That's my dream too! I gave up on a VIP-Styled Element a long time ago.

Search "Darth Raider" and "EMELENT" to see how they look, both guys running 20x9.5 DPE's all around.

EMELENT

Darth Raider

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info!!!! I like the stance of both set ups....anyone know what offsets they're running?

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!! I like the stance of both set ups....anyone know what offsets they're running?
DPE's (Dynamic Performance Engineering) are 2-piece forged wheels with custom wheel off-sets that are done per vehicle. If I were to guesstimate, then I would have to say a 40 to 42mm off-set.

Chief

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info chief....my suspension and campber kits are on the way....still debating over the rims tho. It doesn't look like you;re running neg. camber on your car, but maybee I'm wrong.....your rims are 9.5" all around?

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
I'm running 20X9.5" wheels, sitting on 245X40X20" tires, Eibach Alignment Kit in the rear, Ingalls Camber Bolts in the front, with no negative camber. These tires are too expensive to just wear out the inside treads. I drive my ride and I'm at 52K miles now, so I'm averaging 10K miles per year, and my tires wear perfectly. I'm going to keep my rear Tein Heavy Duty Coil Overs, but I'm going to switch out the fronts, so that I can run camber plates, instead of bolts.

Chief

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Muchas gracias cheif! I've decided which wheels to go with now....i'm going to keep it under wraps untill i have them on....got the manufacturer working on the specs of the wheels for me. Never been put on an E before, but I decided on going with a set of concave wheels 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
im looking into this set up too... will there be any camber kits needed for the front... ive read stuff about camber bolts or plates... which is it or neither??

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
im looking into this set up too... will there be any camber kits needed for the front... ive read stuff about camber bolts or plates... which is it or neither??
On the front, the only thing available is Camber Bolts unless you have the K Sport Coil Overs, then you would have the built in Camber Plates.

Chief

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats interesting....i didn't know that either. I heard that people are pretty unhappy with the softness of the rear suspension on the K-sports.....me personally, I've had tiens on 3 cars already so that's what I'm going with....but any other input would be appreciated. Any advantage to having the built in camber plates as opposed to the camber bolts?

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
thats interesting....i didn't know that either. I heard that people are pretty unhappy with the softness of the rear suspension on the K-sports.....me personally, I've had tiens on 3 cars already so that's what I'm going with....but any other input would be appreciated. Any advantage to having the built in camber plates as opposed to the camber bolts?
Even with my Teins, I had to send them back to them and have the rears rebuilt with heavy duty valves, and I got the HD springs. I can now put up to 987 lbs. in the rear without a problem. The only draw back with camber bolts is that you have to check them every so often to be sure that they haven't loosened up (road vibration, bumps, etc.). Camber plates are built into the coil over itself, so once it's set, then that's it! I am definitely keeping my heavy duty rear Tein Coil Overs, but I might change out the fronts at some point just for the plates.

Chief

1 - 18 of 18 Posts