Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find some Nerf Bars for my 03 Element? I've tried H and A accessories, and Weathers Auto Supply...If anyone can Help I'd appreciate it thanks a lot!!!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey SciJohn, are the side steps show in your pic the ones you got from that site? Unfortunately the site doesn't have a pic showing.........which always makes me leary of ordering from them.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hey SciJohn, are the side steps show in your pic the ones you got from that site? Unfortunately the site doesn't have a pic showing.........which always makes me leary of ordering from them.
Yup. Those are the ones I got on the site.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I am also interested in the oval step sides in black.

Does anyone have some good close up pictures?
I really want to see how close they mount to the Element.
I saw some round ones and they just didnt mount close at all.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It also depends on wheather or not you want the OEM Silver finish or the Black Aries finish, OEM only comes in the one color

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
This is me begging:

Please post pictures. I need to decide about the Black Oval Nerf Bars and really want to see some good photos and some good angels.

Pretty Please:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is me begging:

Please post pictures. I need to decide about the Black Oval Nerf Bars and really want to see some good photos and some good angels.
Dude! Check two posts up man :lol:
I posted 2 links to pictures just for you! I'm definitely not going to save his pics off from the thread and repost them when all ya gotta do is point and click! ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think they're looking for pics from this kind of angle.

carparts123.jpg
These are from ebayer carparts 123 or something, which in my opinion stick out too far.

gogo.jpg
This is from ebayer gogoparts, which look better to me.

I'm also in the market for some and am still researching. Don't know if either of the ones above are brand names. I'd like to see some more pics of others with the seller name or brand. I'll continue searching as well. I do want black ones.

Hopefully this post works with the pics. My first time.:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
An update to the above post. After a little more research, I guess starting in the '05 and later Es, the lower door trim projects further out from the body. You can see this in the pictures in the previous post. I'm assuming the top picture is an '03-'04.

Since I have an '05 that works out good for me and my preference. The top nerf bar still does look like it sticks out further when you account for the difference in door trim.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks Ola. I agree that the one on top is out to far for my taste.
I want something close with clean lines. Thanks for the pictures.

I was able to look at the pictures posted on the other links since I am on my home computer.
for some reason I cant see them when I am at work.

Thanks Again.

If anyone else has any good angles to post that would be great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I'm with you guys. I'm holding out till I know I can find the right ones.

The big difference in the two above pics is that the top one is a "round" bar while the lower is an "oval" bar. You can really tell by looking at the ends of the bars. And it's hard to be precise about how the body is in these pics Ola. If you look at where the bars sit in comparison to the tires you can see that's a big difference. Which kind of tells me that the rounded bar up top has a longer mounting bracket....not so much that the body doesn't flare out as much. Know what I mean?

So the search continues for us! Lets keep this thread updated and I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out with others help as well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the top picture was taken from the front of the vehicle and the bottom picture was taken from the rear. Also in the bottom picture, it looks like the front wheels are turned to the left so you can't use the tires as a reference to see how far the nerf bars stick out.

As for the plastic body trim under the doors, if you look as the base of the metal doors in the bottom picture, the trim projects out flat for maybe a half inch before angling down. The '05 and later trim in the bottom picture may also be closer to a vertical plane as compared to the top picture, but I can't really tell.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok I see that too Ola.

So who's gonna step up and take the chance and go for it?? :rolleyes:
I'm low on funds until after my tax return comes through. But I'm going to hit up some local shops that might carry the bars and give them a look over.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I hope this helps.
Aries sidestep 4" oval.

This is the passenger side front
Estepsfrontpass.JPG

This is the passenger side rear
Epassrear.JPG

and this is straight on
sidestep 002sm.JPG

1 - 20 of 47 Posts