Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm picking up my 2006 Kiwi Metallic Element EX tomorrow after work, and I'm really excited!

I came across this site while looking for dog gates for the car, and then realized that, though my primary purchase driver for this car is for my dogs, the interior floor would be slippery for them. Thanks to you guys, I now know not to immediately take my doggies to the park, but to rig something up until I can buy an Elemmat set! So a big THANK YOU!

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not, but please don't tell me if I didn't because it's too late now. $14,500 which includes tax, dealer fees, etc. along with a 7 year extended warranty, 4 year bumper-to bumper warranty, honda certified. I'm hoping it's good! :)

If anyone has any recommendations for anything else I may have missed (like the info. about changing the A/C filters, thanks!), or should check out to "pimp" out my car, let me know.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome aboard! Visit often, mod aggressively and post photos when you can!

Cheers,

Jamie and Kat

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Actually it sounds like a decent price.

I wouldn't worry too much about the pups, toss 'em in and go. Not all dogs have problems being stable in there.

I have a 'foam cushion' in the back for the dogs, but it's more for comfort rather than anything else.

Welcome to the family, post a picture of the pups!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Check the forum for the 'home depot gutter guard'. It's a neccessary modification and easy to do.

You got a great deal because the kiwi is like a rare breed and it's worth millions. Congrats.

What kind of dogs do you have? We have the 'Post your dog', 'dogs in the E' and a new thread about setting out the E for the dogs, with platforms and such. There's also a thread on rescues -http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36384. That's my favorite. There's lots to see, lots to learn here. Stick around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics

Pics from the dealership are in my photo album. I'll have my own pics soon :)

I'd like to start adding fun stuff inside and out, but not sure what colours would go best, other than maybe black. Also, I can't seem to find anything other than silver or silery blue for the little circles that go around the gauges.. Any suggestions?

Quite honestly, the H & A site isn't really my thing. Most of the stuff is too utilitarian without style, or utilitarian that I'm not interested in. Since I don't have the plastic exterior parts on the front and sides, I don't think I can be as "rough" on it as other E users?

Anyone have suggestions for cool internal stuff, like coloured seat covers, lighting, etc.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts