Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Last night the wife and I went to the Local Hondal dealer to purchase a new 4WD CRV.
Before we did the final drive in the CRV, wife walks over to an 08 4WD EX Element and says "I've seen these around and they look like a good Colorado car".
We drive the E, than the CRV and then the E again.

Purchased the E and pick it up in a few hours. Really excited about the possibilities for this vehicle and we are sure the dogs will love it.

As it was a new 08, we got a stellar deal.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You have one very smart wife :D

Enjoy your E and please, post pictures of the E and the dogs (also the dogs in the E)!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did loolk at a Subbie, however the Honda is better build IMHO.
(Most Subbie owners live in the Republic of Boulder, as we live north of Boulder we are not required to purchase a Subbie)

Color is Tango Red Pearl.

We pick it up in a few hours, only misgivings I am having is looking to see if they hava a manual 09, however not sure if I want to give up my sunroof.

Will post picks later today.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the color.

Not sure what swayed us to the "E" side, maybe it was fact that the CRV (although a very nice vehicle) seemed like a surrender to conformity.

Looking forward to scaring the sh*t out of our kids when they see Mom and Dad's new excellent advienture sitting in the garage and cranking up The Who on the stereo.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yep you guys sound like our kinda people!! Welcome aboard, and let the modding begin. 1st thing to do is the Home Depot, Lowes lower grill mod. Then new speakers, in dash nav., then leather, then the SC console:shock::-o,. Well you get the idea. Oh and please post pics of the shocked look on the kid's faces from the new ride. Drew:?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Sounds like a fun day!

Welcome to the club!

The kids will have that thing taken over before you know it. You'll be out looking for something to drive.:D

Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Your wife did the right thing looking and taking a chance on the E, congrats on your purchase! Post pics please, and welcome to the EOC! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Yes, we have 2 pugs

A few questions:

1, WHat is the Grill mod?
2. What speaker upgrades are recommended and are they easy to install myself?

Thanks.
Ron

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Just a bit of advice...
Search button.:D

You should check out the FAQ/How To's link at the top of the page.

Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Humbuster, you done good!

Like you, I bought an '08 Element (in late August, but unlike you I had yearned for one for close to a year), also for a good price (21K for an EX, AT, AWD). I bought mine primarily for my dogs, two Newfoundlands, and they love it.

I have no doubt you and your dogs will also love your new Element. On the advice of other members of the EOC I chose one in Tangerine Metallic because of the better gas mileage and am happy I did (beside the fact that it's easier to spot in a crowded parking lot). My Element (its name is Edward. That's just on Sundays; weekdays it's known as Fast Eddie). I'm trying to think of something I don't like about Fast Eddie but I've come up empty-minded — er, empty-handed. I don't have to tell you to have fun because I know you will.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the advice.

I will post pics of the dogs when Photobucket starts cooperating.

Drove the new E all afternoon, and put 19 miles on her/him.
Gotta name it soon.

Love the vehicle and the fact that you do not see many of them.Dealer was great and threw in floor mats and splash guards for free.

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts