Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned an 06 EXP AWD AT for 2.5 years. Loved it as I finally found a vehicle I truly fit in. Even my 98 Ford Expedition which I owned before this did not have enough head room. I'm 6'5", but I'm all torso. No issue with leg room in any car, just head room.

So I have been spending a lot of time recently going through posts as I needed to get a new E to replace my 06 that my daughter ROLLED on I-5 in SW Washington at 60 MPH. She had a few bumps, still very lucky, but the E protected her well. The Toaster was Toast after that.

I'll see if I can get a few pictures out of my phone to post.

Paid $23.5K plus tax in April 06 including some options and after market add on's. Got $20,500 plus tax for Insurance settlement 2.5 years later. These puppies hold their value well.

Picked up my 08 Tango Red EXP AWD AT this am. Have ordered at RackNRoad my Class II Hitch with 2" receiver which I use primarily when I need to haul 4 plus bikes although I have hauled an 8' enclosed UHaul over Snoqualmie Pass to WSU where my daughter is going to school. Also am putting on Yakima Rack strips on the E instead of the factory crossover bars. Next... South Coast Accessories Complete Mat Set (had them and loved them on my 06).

So thanks for all the posts that helped me refine my thoughts on the 08 vs. 09.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Welcome! Someone will bring your your straight jacket shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Glad you joined !

I have noticed, that people that have had a crash in an E, get another one.

That has to say something about the car, that's not covered in the press.

Hope you don't have to get another the same way. I hope this one lasts a long time.

Post some Photo's when you have time.

Dom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts