Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked her up this morning! no name picked yet. Edith? Elsa? Edna? Elma? still open to suggestions.
only got fog lights installed, going to do mud flaps, all weather mats and maybe side steps.

pictures...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Good things come to those who wait :wink:

Congrads!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well after a week of driving and about 800kms, i couldn't be happier with my purchase. tossed 3 full sized mountain bikes in the back, didn't have to take the front wheels or remove the bike seats at all, just moved the back seats up to the sides and they went right in.

I love the manual tranny (despite a small vibration in 3rd which i'm going to monitor closely), its got tons of pep no matter what gear I'm in, and is always happy to deliver when i step on it. I'm definitely happy that I got the MT, man this is a fun beast to drive.

Overall fit and finish I'm very impressed with, and the seats are incredibly comfortable. I'm also glad to have gone with the Galaxy Grey as I enjoy the two toned interior.

So far I've installed winter floor mats from an '03, don't mind at all that they're gray, mud flaps and the home depot a/c condenser saver. So many things on the list to do, would like OEM side steps at some point, roof racks, manik brush guard with a set of PIAAs, body side moldings, the list goes on... you guys know how addicting this stuff is... but my next logical step is to get her rust proofed from Krown.

Oh, and her name ended up being Tyra. Not totally black, a bit of a bigger girl, and people either love her or hate her. Just that this one hasn't gotten around as much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why the manual or the auto? Just curious.

Getting the same car in Toronto for my son.

Should I get the manual or auto?

Chime in.

Nice colour.

ENJOY THE RIDE.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it entirely depends on the driver. I love manual. I feel much more in control of my vehicle, and just more fun to drive overall.

I guess unless you're planning on surprising him, get him to drive both, see what he prefers. And think long term too. Auto will be easier to sell, but at the same time, I had a hard time finding the 4wd MT in anything but orange for recent years when i was considering used. If you go black or grey, either one will be easy to unload at the end of the day.

He's a lucky guy to be getting one of these bought for him. I worked the numbers over and over to fit my budget and worked the salespeople hard to get the deal that worked for me. In the end I came out better than buying used (because I didn't want to get anything older than a 2006), and they hold their value so well up here.

Best of luck! I'm sure he'll love it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
shanks,

Thanks. There is a EX-L, MT Grey.

NEW: $23,000cdn on the road with taxes included. Big deals right now. Last 2008 Element they have. No auto. No other elements.

btw my son, 18 had a 2007sc black. but found it hard to drive in the winter. We sold that in spring last year.

I think that deal rocks. Got the winter package upgrade, with splash guards in.

Anything else to get as options?

What is the difference between an EX-P and EX-L ?

Bill.

The grey colour is awesome.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that sounds like a fantastic deal going straight cash! that's far better than mine but i had to finance and there were a few left out there. I would jump on that if i were you!

I have no idea about the difference between the -L and the -P. I thought there was only the EX.

I've since put splash guards on, wind deflector and winter floor mats, as well as getting a Krown treatment. The last thing I want right now is a rear cargo mat as my stuff slides around quite a bit on the plastic floor.

the 4wd is amazing in the snow, i couldn't be happier with its performance in the white stuff.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i got my car on Dec 29th.... one of the last remaining AT in S. Ontario (I was told)....$25,000 on the road.... and its in Blue......

shanks: did u take those photos along the Lakeshore in Hamilton? Like Van Wagners Beach area? It just looks similar. Also how are the PIAA lights like? Take photos of them, do you have to change anything for the xenon look?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got my car on Dec 29th.... one of the last remaining AT in S. Ontario (I was told)....$25,000 on the road.... and its in Blue......

shanks: did u take those photos along the Lakeshore in Hamilton? Like Van Wagners Beach area? It just looks similar. Also how are the PIAA lights like? Take photos of them, do you have to change anything for the xenon look?
I took them up by Devil's Punchbowl in Hamilton. So many waterfalls in this area, its fantastic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
waterfalls...now that sounds like an interesting place to camp out during our EOC meet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts