Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i just got my Dog Friendly Package installed, and took my dog on our first camping trip.
I absolutely love it!

The kennel in the back is very secure and quiet (not like my noisy metal kennel from before).
The matt installed in very comfortable and easy to clean. Very squishy, yet retains its shape, even after a five hour drive with the 50lb dog lying there.
The zippered door makes it very easy to open and close the kennel.

The fan uses the back power socket and is screw mounted over it. It has an on/off switch. It's very loud when turned on, but not so much that it's annoying. Considering how loud the interior noise is when driving, the noise is quickly forgotten and with the stereo on, it's hardly noticeable.

The ramp is a nice touch for people who cant pick up there dog or the dog cant jump up. BUT it's also good for when your dog is wet or dirty and you dont want to pick them up. I left the back open all day with the ramp down so my basset hound could go up when he like with his short legs.
Its too much trouble to take out and set up quickly though. I'll probably just sell the ramp...

The floor mats with the dog bones serve the same purpose and conveinence as the regular all season floor mats. They have deep wells to hold lots of dirt and are very securely held in place.

The rear seat covers have the same pattern as the dog bed in the back (which i think is real nice, kinda classy actually, without being corny).
I really like the feel of them, soft and squishy, without feeling too vinyl or plastic like. Easy to clean and remove.
Only, my dog stayed in the kennel the whole time, so never really had a need for the seat covers. Probably will sell those too....

The only complaint.....the water bowl. While its better to have had a water bowl in there than nothing at all; it was manufactured by a third party for honda and it doesnt work like it should. It supposed to be spill proof, but only if you fill it less than halfway. The top isnt very secure and it's SO diffucult to remove and replace through the small hole in the kennel. You practically have to remove the kennel to remove the bowl. So, i just leave the bowl in there and pour water into it from there.

Oh, also, the emblems are a nice touch, but would have preferred a different color than orange and black.
I should also be receiving the dog accessories via mail soon (dog collar,leash,bag,etc.) You have to send in a postcard to get them. On the card, you specify your dog size; so that was a nice touch.

So was it worth $1000? Well, based on Handa prices, you could buy the floor mats, rear cargo tray, and rear seat covers for about $350 shipped. Then about $100 for a kennel. Another $100 for a ramp. $20 for a fan. $50 for accessories. ...Thats just under $650. So it's an additional $350. That buys you name brand and custom fit. So okay, i think it's definitely worth it. If you really love and spoil your dog the way i do; it's worth even more.
In the 5 hour drive, not once did my dog whine or cry. He was comfortable, he had a fan and water. My car stayed clean and i didnt worry about him back there. Even if i had a car accident, i wouldnt be worried about him back there, that thing is so secure. So an extra bit of money for peace of mind, absolutely. Besides, an extra $1k, brought my monthly payment up by like $5, so why not?

·
Registered
32 Posts
After that wonderful informative review and no picture of your FUR BABY enjoying the new luxury travel!!!!???? :-(

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Like Holder3 said...!

:eoc:
.L-B-D.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
too cute! they are twins!

we are totally in love with ours, his name is Willoughby.
can you post another pic? my fiancee is asking.

....great, now this is turning into a basset hound forum, lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
too cute! they are twins!

we are totally in love with ours, his name is Willoughby.
can you post another pic? my fiancee is asking.

....great, now this is turning into a basset hound forum, lol.
This is what he does best!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts