Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are officially Element owners...and first time Honda owners as well! And we've been creating all kinds of excuses and errands to drive around town. Yes, I know...photos are coming.

We also have two dogs who have officially checked out the new ride by getting their nose-prints and hair all over of course. They approve...except that they can't look out the windows as easily since the windows are higher up.

Some issues or things to get use to...

1. blindspots when changing lanes
2. no armrests (I didn't realize this with the LX)
3. high gear shifter

Other than that, we are extremely pleased!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Welcome to the insanity!! Enjoy your new Element. Look into the DIY section on how to add armrests and visit www.handaacessories.com, they can supply you with a factory arm rest. Also, go out and buy some blind spot mirrors, the little ones, I found ones at Advanced that fit perfectly in the spot between the mirror and door, I can't fold the mirrors in but when I have the seats up or just daily driving, I dont even have to move my head, it is nice for $2.00. And last, I love the shifter up high, it leaves more room for the center console.
Later
Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my father 3" convex mirrors at the local Auto parts store...and put them in the UPPER OUTER part of the mirrors on both sides. I have them on all of my cars.

·
Registered
213 Posts
We are officially Element owners...and first time Honda owners as well! And we've been creating all kinds of excuses and errands to drive around town. Yes, I know...photos are coming.

We also have two dogs who have officially checked out the new ride by getting their nose-prints and hair all over of course. They approve...except that they can't look out the windows as easily since the windows are higher up.

Some issues or things to get use to...

1. blindspots when changing lanes
2. no armrests (I didn't realize this with the LX)
3. high gear shifter

Other than that, we are extremely pleased!
Here is how to deal with issue #1: http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/

Since I started using this method on the E, I now use it on every car I drive. I used to buy the little sick-on convex mirrors but with this system they are kind of redundant. Give it a try for a couple of weeks. It does take some getting used to.

Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
29 Posts
"Blind Spot"

I installed a small rectangular mirror on each side. They are about 1"x 1 1/2 " and on the lower inside of the rear views. Got them at Auto supply store.

I really like them - it takes a little time to get used to them. They have saved some paint and honking.

Beryl H.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group, the nose prints and dog hair are a right of passage and something you'll learn to live with - this IS the dogs car, not yours

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the suggestions...

I adjusted the mirrors, and this has significantly helped! I may invest in some blindspot mirrors eventually as well.

I have yet to search the forum about this, but what options are there for reading lights? Our LX only has one dome light in the center of the car. I didn't realize how much we use those front reading lights until we started cruising around in the E at night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is how to deal with issue #1: http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/QUOTE]

That's how I always adjust my mirrors, thought I had it covered in the new E. Drove from Vegas to LA over the weekend (first trip), and I got honked at three times on the way down! I've never owned the little convex mirrors, hate them, think they are stupid if you know how to adjust your mirrors.
Bought two.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the club. You get used to the E in a short time, the very first time I drove mine it felt very strange, (coming from driving Mini Cooper) the size, blind spots with thick pillars. but I got used to it after couple of days. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I think I actually saw your E recently... thought it was a 2009, I hadn't realized the 2010's had already come out! If you see someone gawking at your Element from a silver E, that's me. ><

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 ex auto 2wd pricing

I am going to the dealer to negotiate price and hope to drive it home today:)
How much did you pay for yours?
Any suggestion for a reasonable offer?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am going to the dealer to negotiate price and hope to drive it home today:)
How much did you pay for yours?
Any suggestion for a reasonable offer?
Check your PMs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts