Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my battery and ELD on 2003 Element and My battery light is still on.
Any suggestions before replacing alternator?

Thanks for the help E’s!

-Adriana

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi,
Note the testing on the alternator plug...

Before condeming the Alternator!

The no power, no ground, testing CAN be done with a cheap test light instead of the Power Probe!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just replaced my battery and ELD on 2003 Element and My battery light is still on.
Any suggestions before replacing alternator?

Thanks for the help E’s!

-Adriana
Go OEM if you buy a new alternator, or have yours rebuilt. Don't buy a cheap aftermarket alternator. In my experience it is not worth it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go OEM if you buy a new alternator, or have yours rebuilt. Don't buy a cheap aftermarket alternator. In my experience it is not worth it.
Same issue i am having now! New alternator in February battery light came on about 3wks ago, replaced battery and ELD. Mine literally failed completely in a part store parking lot the only thing instock was their brand as a reman! So now im trying to get info on wether to get a reman denso or aftermarket new?!? I've read posts from others either stick with original or buy a brand new aftermarket(not reman)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Same issue i am having now! New alternator in February battery light came on about 3wks ago, replaced battery and ELD. Mine literally failed completely in a part store parking lot the only thing instock was their brand as a reman! So now im trying to get info on wether to get a reman denso or aftermarket new?!? I've read posts from others either stick with original or buy a brand new aftermarket(not reman)
Do you still have your original Honda alternator? You could have it rebuilt. Or simply go to the Honda dealer and get a new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you still have your original Honda alternator? You could have it rebuilt. Or simply go to the Honda dealer and get a new one.
Unfortunately no I returned it for the core charge before I learned all of the issues with remanufactured parts store brand alternators!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi,
I would not worry about it.

I've been running remans on different things for 40 years.

If it is a Denso remaned by Denso, it should be good to go anyway.

The Alternator is easy to get to, unlike the Starter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts