Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think my battery is finally on its last legs. We've had some bitter cold wind and weather the past couple of weeks here and it seems everyday it takes a bit more "umph" to get the old E started.

I was curious if anyone has any recommendations for my new battery purchase.

Honestly, I'm looking for something durable, but fairly cheap. I don't need any extra bells and whistles. Seeing as I have 116k miles on the old gal, I doubt I will need anything with a 3+ year warranty.

I was looking at a Die Hard South sold by Sears for $70, but it looks like it's been discontinued.

Any help or suggestions will be welcomed.

I'm trying to find something in the sub $100 price range.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually I'd agree, but I've gone to 3 Costcos in 3 different areas, throughout the past few weeks and neither one carries the size of battery needed for my car. I was told at 2 that they rarely stock the battery I need.

I've also gone to Sams who only carries one battery that will fit the E, and I believe the prices was around $120.

I can pick up a Die Hard Gold for $89 + $15 installation at Sears. I just want to make sure I'm getting something worth the cash.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I just replaced mine for the same reason as it was cranking slower. I installed a group 55 or 56, can't remember but it fit in the same area but without the outer cover and has almost 100 more CCAs and it is working great so far. Just got mine at Kmart as its a Sears so will see hot it works.:)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I just replaced mine for the same reason as it was cranking slower. I installed a group 55 or 56, can't remember but it fit in the same area but without the outer cover and has almost 100 more CCAs and it is working great so far. Just got mine at Kmart as its a Sears so will see hot it works.:)
Group 56, and I was searching to see if anyone had tried it yet. It's a group number being phased out by most manufacturers but Wally World still sells them. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It figures. Get a battery that fits the E real good and they phase it out.:-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts