Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got my BlingLights installed over the weekend and love the look and mod upgrade. The fogs work well at night and brighten the horizon. I can't wait until it RAINS here again to "really" test them out. Here are some photos of my install. I got most of help from this thread below by ApriliaGuy, but went a little further.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42416

I basically used 4" black PVC endcaps, cut off about 1" off each end cap. Then used some 1/2 white bushings between the pvc and fog light housing. Then cut the fog holes out with a 3 1/2" circular hole thingy..... Made a carboard template of the holes on the bumper then transferred it to the endcaps and then drilled the holes where they would attach to the bumper.

Mounted everything deep style in the holes and wired everything up through the hood latch pull and was done. I also took out the blue bulp for the "halo effect" and replaced it with a white bulb so I hopefully wont get any cop harassment. Took about 6 hours of labor, (3 hours on 2 days of work) and a lot of EOC searching and planning!

At the bottom of this post I have lots of photos of fogs on/off/ with all the other amber ons/headlights on/off. My fav is the very last pix.

Enjoy.

What a great website this is. One of my favorite nightly wind-downs :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
nice clean install good job.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Very nice! I really the way you mounted those lights. :)

You should have done the grill guard mod while you had the bumper off. ;-)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the compliments on the install. I try to do the best work possible when doing any job.

Here are some shots of the 67 bug, I do also have some pictures in the forum "EOCers who previously owned vdubs"

enjoy

that looks real good. excellent workmanship.
and if you like that "light in a tunnel, w/ the light shining off the walls" effect, you may want to contact Jerry at South Coast Accessories.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...uth+coast[ as he has brushed aluminum inserts for the "tunnels". not that your doesn't already look great.
I have seen those inserts and really considering adding them too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That's A-W-E-S-O-M-E man...!!! I can imagine how VW-owners can relate to owning an E...!

LBD

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Very nice, clean install!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sweet Bug!! I have a Silver 2003 Turbo Beetle that shares driveway with my E. The light instal looks great by the way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sweet Bug!! I have a Silver 2003 Turbo Beetle that shares driveway with my E. The light instal looks great by the way.
My wife has an APR'd 2001 1.8T Isotope New Beetle with sport suspension. Fun little car, even though the New Beetles "drive backwards". FWD/front engine versus the old bugs which were RWD/rear engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts