Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I'm just droppin' in to say hello and introduce myself! My name's Jaycee and I'm from Winnipeg. This is my first Box and also my first Honda. I picked up an 08 ASM SC. I'm just wishing it was summer. I'm terrified w/ all the retarded drivers we've got over here...argh! "please don't hurt my new baby" LOL!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the cult! Enjoy the box and drive safe.

BTW, great color choice!!!:)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I didn't Know they had Juice that far north! :D

Glad you found us!

Dom

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian,

Be sure to put on the Home Depot Gutter Guard. With all the salt and gravel on the roads, it's a great idea. And that 'don't hurt my baby' routine won't be going away anytime shortly.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
former-winnipegger here, so congrats and welcome. Are there a lot of E's in Winnipeg? I was just visiting Calgary and there were none at all. I only saw three in five days. Here on the island, I can see three in five minutes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Like I stated, I'm a noob so with that said, what's the Home Depot Gutter Guard?

There are a few box's here but not that many. I only know myself and another lady that has the SC's. She's got an 07 RBM. I'm totally going to make my box useful as I breed reptiles and do the local shows. It was a biatch driving my car as well as my gf's van to load and unload reptiles, supplies, as well as a couple enclosures. This, will totally fit everything!

I'm so stoked! I keep looking @ the damned thing! I've been eyeing this same vehicle ever since I started working @ one of the local Honda dealerships here...and well, I've now finally got mah bebe! Hardcore discount...the joys of working for a dealership.

And as for stoopid drivers...we've got a lot of young bucks that drive around still thinking it's summer out side. Dood, it's -15 or so and the roads are a little slick....think about it!?

Thanks again for the support and welcome. You guys will be hearing from me soon enough. Tips and tricks are welcomed...like where we can get cheaper shiet for our vehicles in Canada....Thanks again!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just realized, in the reptile community, I'm known as juice. And well, I should've just called myself juice_BOX....lol! ooooh...a licence plate.....nah, that's too rice! LOL!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure have figured it out. Thanks Margaret. Thing is...it's UBER cold here in the 'peg. And well, I've got no heat in my garage...I've got to do the work @ bud's place. The hard part is, we've both got messed up schedules. ARGH! Also, I haven't gone and looked @ what I have @ my local Hardware store. I don't want anything looking RICE...I'm actually thinking about going w/ a soft black mesh or something. OR, get my machinist buddy to fabricate something different for me?! HMM?!?!

And also, DOES it really work? Meaning, is it really that beneficial?! I'm also thinking about getting a bug deflector or perhaps a bra for Boxee. Wondering as well if it does truly help getting bugs and what not off of my windshield....

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Welcome to another Canadian!

Yes, winter is a hard time to get a new vehicle. It always gets dirty - inside and out - so it is hard to keep it looking like new. In terms of the looney drivers, make sure you get some good snow tires so you can avoid them the best you can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Margret, thanks for the link. Looks like I may do some work on it on 1 of my days off here @ the shop.

Jojo.....here's some berry pics...on the night I got it.

PVR.....thanks bud...I'm such a noob that I'm not quite sure as to what kind of winter tires to get and also what size. From my understanding, I'd have to go for 215/70/16's correct?

hapyface......Oh, I know, I've been to Toronto several times and I hate driving there. Even during the drier months....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JuiceBox welcome to da cult...:D

I seriously am thinking its a cult. In a good way.

It doesn't seem like just a car club or what not. But, to me, I believe that the element brings something more. It's more of a lifestyle I feel. More "family" oriented. See, I'm 29 and I'm also on other car forums and there seems to be a lot of E thugs everywhere but here. Everyone on here has been so nice and what not. @least that's all I've been seeing and reading.

I just wish there were more Winnipegers on here, unless I'm just blind. There aren't that many E drivers here.

Going back to the cult thing...it has to be as I got off of work @ 9 and signed on as soon as I got home on here, and did lots of reading and searching. I didn't go to sleep 'till 2 am. I have work in a few hours too...argh!!! E CULT!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts