Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received a postcard in the mail inviting me to a New Car Owner's Seminar and Dinner at the dealership I bought my E. Is this worth going to? I live about 1hr 45 min from the dealership. They said you receive a complimentary HondaCare kit - does anyone know what that consists of :?:

Thanks!!!
Carrie :)
* Albuquerque Area

·
Registered
76 Posts
if it's what i got with mine, it's some small containers of cleaning supplies. in my opinion, not worth a 2 hour drive. however, if you ARE, in fact, in the target demo of a young first-car buyer, it might be worth your time. i think they cover things like maintenance, tire changing, etc. but i wouldn't make the drive for the car care kit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Might not be a bad thing to attend. Living in the Albuquerque area anything 1 hour and 45 minutes away is going to be a pretty scenic drive (besides Las Cruces) and even that is worth visiting. I can't imagine taking the E out for a little road trip would be a bad thing. This is probably also something completely sponsored by the dealership and the "kit" could be something different. We used to include a touch up kit, emergency roadside kit and a few other things for our Driver Orientation events. It's also a good time to meet other Element owners and compare E's and stories, etc.

Guess that'a a long-winded way of saying, pack up the E. What's to lose? BTW, what city did you buy your E in? I moved from NM to Texas and went to college at NMSU.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I gotta laugh. The dealer where I bought my car doesn't call, doesn't write and never even kissed me after they f'_ _ ed me. Whats this world coming to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike,

I actually did buy it in Albuquerque at Garcia Honda. It was a somewhat tollerable experience.

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because two people have recommended taking my E to a honda only repair place in Santa Fe (closer to me) than the dealership. So, I'm not sure where to get my maintenance from....

Sorry your dealership doesn't provide the same Nat! I wish mine were closer! :roll:

C

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok - so I went to the new car owner's seminar. It was good, there was a drawing for a free maintenance - but I did not win it! We did learn more about the dealership, service dept, etc. Then you were able to ask specific questions. They fed us a catered bbq dinner, which was decent, and at the end we all got three free samples of the Honda car care products: vinyl care product, window cleaner, and something else... The vinyl stuff makes stuff slippery. I just ordered the Griots Garage products - and I prefer them.

They seem like they want to please the customer, so I will get my service done there!!!

I hope this helps anyone else,
Carrie

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new car owner's seminar. I know the GM, Toby Garcia, from when I worked in Las Cruces (Borman Honda). They really are great in customer service. In fact, my grandparents live in Los Lunas and fully intended on buying their new Honda Accord EXV6 Navigation from me (driving all the way to Texas) and they wanted to see one first and decide if they wanted the navi. They were treated extremely well at Garcia and fell in love with the saleswoman there (I forget her name). She treated them like gold, knowing that she would never get the sale. That means a great deal to me, as you can imagine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts