Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about having my element painted a different color to make it stand out from the grees, blue, black, gray and red. Anyone know of a good nat'l painting place. Any suggested colors that will turn heads?

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wouldn't go to a nation wide paint place, ie. maaco, earl scheib, etc. Find a high quality local shop and look at their work, not just pictures either. Prep is everything for a good paint job, those national cut rate companies do very little prep and the paint jobs can have a short life. I would expect to spend 2-3k dollars or more on a good job, though an element may be less (less sheet metal, unpainted plastic).

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey Bry, want to be unique?? How about getting a Desert Storm Camoflage paint job?

Ger

·
Registered
13 Posts
That would be sooo cool. Wish I had the guts to do it. Hell, I'm just glad I had the guts to buy the E in the first place.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
143 Posts
oooh, paint it with RhinoLiner. Saw a jeep painted with it. Very tough.

:lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:68480fa433="JoeDOHC"]oooh, paint it with RhinoLiner. Saw a jeep painted with it. Very tough.

:lol:[/quote:68480fa433]

OMG - really! :shock: Wow no more complaints about the cladding scratching on that one! :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Immediately upon seeing the colors for the first time, I wondered why there was no yellow. Or a real orange. SOP seems more red than orange in most lights.

I say paint it yellow.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
[quote:c8c982efb8="hunterbase"]Immediately upon seeing the colors for the first time, I wondered why there was no yellow. Or a real orange. SOP seems more red than orange in most lights.

I say paint it yellow.[/quote:c8c982efb8]

Then it would look like a midget school bus...I rode the little bus for years, I'm damn sure not gonna buy my own!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go with House of Kolors paint. Any color. Make sure to post pics when painted.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No, this is a short bus!

Then it would look like a midget school bus...I rode the little bus for years, I'm damn sure not gonna buy my own!
Why would you buy two anyway? I mean, you already have one in the color you want....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is that Richard Simmons?!?!?!?

:::::falls over and passes out from insane giggling:::::

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
OMG The Richard Simmons E is too freakin' funny.....but I am surprised it doesn't have the E wearing a tank top with lots of flair!

There is something to be said about the E coming in yellow or red.....my husband has already said that if the E came in either one of those colors he would buy, but since it doesn't he is a bit torn on color, and between the E and the Civic or Accord.

I also think that a DARK Metallic Deep Purple would look awesome, but that is my opinion! And hey what about a deep metallic gunmetal gray....then the plastic panels would just slightly contrast....I think it would be sweet!

I wish I was brave enough to go get my E painted, not that I don't love my EBP, but I just think it would be cool to even further customize my E!

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know what you mean. I would love my E with a candy-apple red finish, but also like my EBP. Maybe i'll need to get another E down the line. Oh honey...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Penguin, interesting idea. an alloy-finish E. Like the Studio E. But keeping the plastic panels.

Isn't the blue changing for '04? Did I read that here? Maybe Honda will decide to add yellow in a year or two. Seems logical for the "demographic" they pitch at.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts