Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning's Money section of USA Today has a story on a new Dog Friendly Element coming out soon. It will have a dog bed in the back on a raised platform with a folding ramp underneath. It will also have a built-in water bowl and a cooling fan in the cargo area, and a net to keep the pups from getting up front. Here is a link to the video from the USA Today site:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/video/player.htm?maven_playerId=immersiveproduction&maven_referralPlaylistId=2099847ae09d7376bc77375c17a6e7bead6b6816&maven_referralObject=1067925980#mainviewer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Now I need your help! At the end of May in Columbus we are having Rescue Run (thousands of dogs with their owners raise money for shlter dogs and cats). One of the official sponsors is Saturn, so we can not just substitute that with a Honda. I have e-mailed the organizers last year about having Honda with the E as the sponsor, but there was no reply. Who do you think I can contact so we can get the dog friendly E version and some other Es to park right across the street? Last year I was there and there were a lot of huge dogs and I saw only I E. The dogs might want a dog friendly E! :D

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I would think Honda would be all over that one.

However, Honda does not advertise the Element in any meaningful way.

I hope this is a turning point for the marketing program at Honda.

If I were you I would start with a call to customer relations, and let them transfer you to the appropriate department.

Then reference this thread. Let them see what the Element community has to say.

Dom

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Cool, but I'm not if that lady is helping to sell it . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Here is the agency that does Honda Elements Advertising - most likely they would be the ones to contact. For the record, I have been in touch with these guys in the past about the whole 'dog friendly' aspect of teh Element... not that I got very far really... but, hey power in numbers, right?

RPA
2525 Colorado Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Phone: (310) 394-4000

I also dug a little deeper into the site and found the direct email addresses for the founders of the agency, also based in Santa Monica:
Gerry Rubin
[email protected]

Larry Postaer
[email protected]

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like the cooling fan idea I wonder if I could rig one up. I am tired of driveing in a jacket with the AC at full so Sam is comfortable.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Benny, I knew I could count on you! :) Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
that sucks.... if they could do a doggie mat with bowl holders and netting and we can mod for the fan, that would be great!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why?

When the Element is selling less than 1000 units a month, why would Honda come out with this version? Cute, but really how big could the market be? With that said, I would sure like to buy all of this gear and have it installed. They could make some $$$ from people like me with 2008 (and earlier) Elements who want the package as an after market item. I sure don't want to get rid of my '08---especially after just shelling out the $$$ for a set of four Nokian tires after the factory Goodyears looked kind of rough after 12,000 miles. But, that's another story alltogether.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
just to add to DogsCar comments...or wait 5 months for a doggie version of the 2009, like the MT people are waiting for right now!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Looks like it's all stuff they just retrofit into the E, so once out, just buy the components from H & A and your done.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Thanks for posting that video. About time they noticed there are niche interests they could market to -- such as America's zillions of dog people.

They should pay more attention to the camping community, too.

And they should play off the Element's appeal to VW van nostalgia.

Honda should hire e*trade's advertising firm -- there's some cutting edge marketing.

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts