Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Cincinnati Ohio area. I recently (within the last month) made the purchase of a 2007 Element. I had never owned a Honda before the last year when I inherited a 2005 Civic 4 door Special Edition from my mom's estate. I was really impresssed with the build quality of the Civic vs the 2001 Saturn SC! that was previously my daily driver. A buddy talked me into going to the Cincinnati Auto Expo where Honda had an Element on display. They had the one with the dog package displayed. I have Three dogs but really did not want the dog package. I was looking for a EX with AWD and a 5 speed. I did a search on Auto Trader and found a priviate seller less than 10 minutes from my house that had thiis exact Element for sale. In addition the E was owned by a non smoker, was always garaged and it had a bonus that he did not have any kids that beat up the interior of the vehicle. Vehicle had 27000 miles on the clock. The next closet EX I could find on Auto Trader with an AWD and a 5 speed was at a dealer 91 miles away, so the purchase was made. The Civic was sold less than a week later with no problem. I did not even have to advertise it. My hobby is Aircooled Volkswagens and Element Owners seem to be as passionate about their vehicles as someone is with their old Bus or Beetle. Hopefully Honda supports their enthusiasts as those are the ones that stick with the company. Volkswagen of America (VWoA) really does not do much for the old Aircooled enthusiasts, but a strong aftermarket has kept the little cars running over the years. Hope to pass some of you guys on the road.

Best Regards,

Bill Berckman
West Chester Ohio

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group - I'm an EX Cincinnati area guy myself (Mason)

Please send Skyline, Graeter's, and Montgomery Inn when you get a chance

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't forget Larosas Pizza. Skyline has good Cheese Coneys, but I prefer Gold Star 5 Ways. You can't beat Graeter's Ice Cream. They had one in Finneytown where I grew up, and I used to go there alot.

Welcome to the Group - I'm an EX Cincinnati area guy myself (Mason)

Please send Skyline, Graeter's, and Montgomery Inn when you get a chance

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Don't forget Larosas Pizza. Skyline has good Cheese Coneys, but I prefer Gold Star 5 Ways. You can't beat Graeter's Ice Cream. They had one in Finneytown where I grew up, and I used to go there alot.
Funny, my wife grew-up in North College hill and was an OLA girl !!!!

Bring me a Baked Buddy

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
BB,

Nice job on the profile... Pics...?

LBD

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also lived in NCH for Five years after I moved out of my parents house. I lived on Mulberry (off Galbraith) If you are passing through North College Hill, be sure to stop by Juniors for a Fishbowl. For some reason the draft beer tastes better there out of one of Junior's Fishbowls. :eek:)

Funny, my wife grew-up in North College hill and was an OLA girl !!!!

Bring me a Baked Buddy

·
Registered
262 Posts
I uploaded a the only pic that I had from my cell phone to my profile. I will have to get some more pics.
Welcome, Bill. We need more midwest E's to sway those CA and TX people.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts