Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends,

This is my first post!
Just bought a 2004 Element in Fiji Blue Pearl from a new-car Honda dealership... got a good deal as someone was turning it over to buy a new CR-V.

I'm wondering if there are any good informational threads that I can read up on. Main things I'm wondering about are basic maintenance, Thule racks, and tires.

Some basic maintenance I need to do in order to get it up to safety:
- new tires
- brake pads and rotors
- stabilizer bars and bushings.

Let me know if you're from Ottawa! Maybe you have some insider info on Element parts and stuff in Ottawa.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome.

There's a thread about the sale of Element accessories for here in Canada. There's some really good deals on there.

Also there's some sort of chat forum for Central Canadians that you may want to join. I can't. I'm from B.C. :rolleyes:

And check out the threads on the home depot gutter guard. It's a must do accessory if it's not already done.

Why did you chose the E? Do you have a big dog, or ride bikes, or haul stuff? What's your excuse?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Also there's some sort of chat forum for Central Canadians that you may want to join. I can't. I'm from B.C. :rolleyes:
you can come talk to us any time you want Margaret!

Welcome silasdavirus!

What she said....
There is loads of info here!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group ...........even if you are Canadian
proof of ownership is in the pictures

As for info - the search feature is your friend, go to the forum section then do a search from there (it works better that way than doing a general search)

Tires are a personal preference and there are tons of threads dealing with that subject........... (can of worms)
Brakes/pads - get'em done
stabilizer bar - unless its bent you should only have to replace the buhings

·
12,179 Posts
Welcome.

Am i ever going to get to live this one down......

For the record the Canada Off-Topic thread was moved to the main Canada forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And check out the threads on the home depot gutter guard. It's a must do accessory if it's not already done.
The gutter guard looks like a really basic mod that I could do. Thanks!

Why did you chose the E? Do you have a big dog, or ride bikes, or haul stuff? What's your excuse?
I chose the E because I bike a bit, I do haul stuff, and generally after driving this thing, I loved the huge windshield view! Moving the rear-view mirror to the roof is a great move to open up visual space as well! This car is so thought-through.

I didn't expect the rear seats to be held up by *carabiners* but I think I can get over that part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts