Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a brand new 2010E EX today. Unfortunately in order to get the dark blue color that I wanted, I had to get the EX with navigation as it was the only one in the area in such color =\. I know it will get used a ton though. Sales guy was a bit of a bitch as he didn't include anything extra other than a set of wheel locks that were sitting in the center console, and a full tank of gas. Whatever. Overall I'm happy with my choice as it was btwn this and the Fit.

Here are a couple pics. They were taken in the evening so it looks a little darker than it is.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Welcome!!

Best color for an E!!!!
Dont tell anybody though, keep us in the minority!!!

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
Welcome to the madness!! Great start - posted pix of new E, updated profile - but, no information on the first mod (AFTER, of course, the requisite EOC sticker :eoc: ). HD GG would be my next suggestion..... :grin:

Again, WELCOME and glad you found us!! :shock::roll::razz:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess there are the mud guards ya. Dunno what/when my first mod will be as I gotta work on paying off the financing first. Limited budget and all. I do know that one of my friends is going to make me a new white San Jose Sharks window vinyl sticker to put prob on my back window.

My first idea on mods is to have interior illumination (ie: foot wells). Some possible floor mats of some kind as well since my deductible check from the insurance company will be coming in soon.

I've put about 77 miles on it since I posted that pic from last night. Is it accurate for the fuel tank to be about half full already?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I guess there are the mud guards ya. Dunno what/when my first mod will be as I gotta work on paying off the financing first. Limited budget and all. I do know that one of my friends is going to make me a new white San Jose Sharks window vinyl sticker to put prob on my back window.

My first idea on mods is to have interior illumination (ie: foot wells).
Are you in the Bay Area of CA?? Finish filling out your profile and let us know
where you are. GO SHARKS!!! If you are local, we do meets every once in a
while. Next one is next weekend. http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62019

I have footwell lighting I added to my E. I used the Honda Civic kit and
adapted it to the E. Looks cool.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you in the Bay Area of CA?? Finish filling out your profile and let us know
where you are. GO SHARKS!!! If you are local, we do meets every once in a
while. Next one is next weekend. http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62019

I have footwell lighting I added to my E. I used the Honda Civic kit and
adapted it to the E. Looks cool.
Yes, I am in South SJ. I'll keep my eyes on the meetup thread. I've got a pretty active social life so we'll see where things fit in.

Congrats!

First mod suggestion: cover your grill. It's really cheap - a couple of dollars - and extremely effective. Protecting your investment is important. :-D
Sorry for the stupid question but unlike probably anyone here I don't have a car thumb. Never changed my own oil, only changed one battery ever, etc etc. What does this mod do in the end?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
...What does this mod do in the end?
It's to protect your AC condenser from being damaged by debris. Many have gone without and had no problem, but a few have had to pay out-of-pocket for a new one due to that one unfortunate puncture. Here's an example.
I figure, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Yes, I am in South SJ.
I have great memories of SJ. My mother's sister & her family lived on Duke Way and we used to visit every couple of years. They had a very small back yard, so when my uncle had a pool installed he had it built around the corner of the house. It was awesome. :-D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's to protect your AC condenser from being damaged by debris. Many have gone without and had no problem, but a few have had to pay out-of-pocket for a new one due to that one unfortunate puncture. Here's an example.
I figure, better safe than sorry.
Eeegad. I took a look at my front when I went out tonight and ya, it is pretty exposed. Might just have to look into this in the near future.

I have great memories of SJ. My mother's sister & her family lived on Duke Way and we used to visit every couple of years. They had a very small back yard, so when my uncle had a pool installed he had it built around the corner of the house. It was awesome. :-D
Ah over on the west side. I'm down where IBM used to be.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Profile: CHECK!

Picture: CHECK!

*uh-hem*... (clearing throat)...

May she provide you many years of service and enjoyment...! Let the modding begin...!

Yes, I am in South SJ. I'll keep my eyes on the meetup thread. I've got a pretty active social life so we'll see where things fit in.
This Saturday, August 21st, 1:00 pm, San Bruno, Tanforan Mall parking garage, top deck...

Sorry for the stupid question but unlike probably anyone here I don't have a car thumb. Never changed my own oil, only changed one battery ever, etc etc.
For '09/'10 model years, check out these threads...

Link HERE for the Lower grill...

Link HERE for the Upper Grill...

I am barely a bit more "handy" than you are and I managed to get it done without bleeding all over my garage floor...!!!

Eeegad. I took a look at my front when I went out tonight and ya, it is pretty exposed. Might just have to look into this in the near future.
Check out the links above and set aside an afternoon (or two if you want to paint) to get it done...

Congrats!!!

:eoc:
-L B D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts