Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
just a caution - I bought this non-slip stuff a few years ago to put under a cushion we kept on a melamine? surface. anyway it was a cabinet made from that plywood with one side coated or specially finished for signboard.

it was not the cheap dollar-store nonslip stuff, I believe it was the Contact Paper brand version.

it worked really well as far as the cushion not sliding, but after a few days I went to lift the cushion and clean the top of the cabinet. THEN I discovered that the non-slip stuff had become a permanent part of the cabinet. I had to peeeeeeel the non-slip stuff off the cabinet and most of it was unusable when I was finished. I tried many cleaning products but never got the rest of the liner off the cabinet. it bears the lattice pattern to this day.

this was a few years ago - could have been a change in formulation, or it could have been some special issue with the surface itself (it MOSTLY stuck to vinyl decals on the cabinet, but YEARS later weekly cleaning hasn't removed it) but this cabinet was kept indoors and climate-controlled. no WAY will I risk this crap becoming a permanent part of our new E. for that reason, we will be springing for the Murdock liners.

has anyone else had problems with the no-stick stuff? I would like to hear how well this stuff worked for everyone else - it is of course cheaper than the Murdock liners and maybe the unintended permanency helps as far as the liners blowing out the window.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No need to debate over rubber vs. vinyl, GO CARPET! Take a look at this new carpet kit by South Coast Eccesories on ebay. I just got one recenty and it is the best thing I have added to my Element in the past year. It is completely removable, so I still have my washable original floor, but can re-install it in minutes....worth a look.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is cool but Im waiting for a deal on the cupholders, etc package that's currently $39...if there is one, I'll be the first in line. Those things look good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
eireann said:
This is cool but Im waiting for a deal on the cupholders, etc package that's currently $39...if there is one, I'll be the first in line. Those things look good.
They're running at $34.95 at the moment :)
Tony

·
Registered
75 Posts
bjave said:
They're running at $34.95 at the moment :)
Tony

i went to buy them and found the shipping to be a little too high for me...its just that i work with UPS on a daily basis and it costs so much less for me to ship so much more (ive sent snowboards for $13.00) i can't in good conscience do it. its an awesome product, but oh well. :(

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I just ordered a steering column protector from Murdock. When I went to check out, it said something like $13 for shipping. I emailed them. Guy said, nah, it's a glitch. $3 and I'll send it. So $1.50 for the thing and $1.50 to ship/handle.

E mail and ask. I think they figure a lot of people will be buying heavier things. He'll prolly give you a break on s/h.

·
Registered
75 Posts
rhythm_ace said:
I just ordered a steering column protector from Murdock. When I went to check out, it said something like $13 for shipping. I emailed them. Guy said, nah, it's a glitch. $3 and I'll send it. So $1.50 for the thing and $1.50 to ship/handle.

E mail and ask. I think they figure a lot of people will be buying heavier things. He'll prolly give you a break on s/h.

oh cool...i will try that. thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yep,

The way the site is set up, it is for UPS Residential rate and a tare weight of 2 lbs for packaging ... which when you order the key protector it calculates it as a 3 lb package becuase it rounds up weights... and although UPS is extremely reliable... for this item - it's overkill. Until there is any change to our site... we are honoring the pricing quoted below and sorry for any crazy shipping costs on this item... it is set as .01 lbs but still will round to the next higher weight.

:)
Tony
www.elemmat.com

rhythm_ace said:

·
Registered
54 Posts
save your money......

For $20 at Lowe's you can get an anti-fatigue, industrial rubber mat (the kind you see in restaurant dishwashing bays). I did that for the cargo area. Not only does it look good, but nothing slides around.

The size I got was 36 x 36. I know, I know, the cargo measures 28 x 40. But, if you center it, it's just shy a couple of inches lt/rt. And, if you lay the mat flush with the border/beginning of the back seats, the extra 4 inches curls up and lines the clam shell/tailgait, which I really liked. It was a happy surprise. :)
:cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
CometCat said:
For $20 at Lowe's you can get an anti-fatigue, industrial rubber mat (the kind you see in restaurant dishwashing bays). I did that for the cargo area. Not only does it look good, but nothing slides around.

The size I got was 36 x 36. I know, I know, the cargo measures 28 x 40. But, if you center it, it's just shy a couple of inches lt/rt. And, if you lay the mat flush with the border/beginning of the back seats, the extra 4 inches curls up and lines the clam shell/tailgait, which I really liked. It was a happy surprise. :)
:cool:
i think i know what these are as I'm looking for a cheaper alternative myself. A guy told me he did this with his E. He gave me the link to the page but these have 'holes' in them and since i'm loading in stuff that will be dirty, i guess the dirt will fall through those holes. But he also said this is a great alternative than buying form fitted mats. he transport wood, apples, corn, etc... stuff for his farm and he says it works well. he takes the thing out when he's crusing around town.

William Goodacre & Sons Anti-Fatique Industrial Mat $19.98
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=155419-20787-0516836

i will go look at them...

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I posted this on another thread tonight but...

Costco Wholesale has a two-pack of utility pads (the kind furniture movers use) for under $30. Each pad is 72" x 50".

·
Registered
135 Posts
returned the $20 mat. did not work well and it smelled pretty bad (chemical smell). I think I may just stop being cheap and go for the gold! heh.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
imetalg5 said:
returned the $20 mat. did not work well and it smelled pretty bad (chemical smell). I think I may just stop being cheap and go for the gold! heh.
I just had to give my 2 cents :) Most everyone has been bery pleased with our rubber mats... they look professional (because the are) and they don't look like holey antifatigue matting... we've been selling these for almost 3 years and have had nothing but kudos (except for shipping times which have been addressed and changed to almost same day shipping)

Non smelly, look great, prevent slipping rubber elemmats... and a sponsor of this site. Thanks all!

https://2694224993.monstercommercesites.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=15

And please use the 10% EOC discount when you order at checkout of EOC10

Drive Safe-
Tony

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tony I work in Fairlawn. I was curious, if I visited Murdock Inc. would they know what I was talking about if I tried to buy one of the hatch mats ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
pick up locally

Anyone who lives or wants to drive to us locally is more than welcome- please order with the intention of giving us a day to make them up. These are die cut to order and require a little time and setup- so giving us a day I can have them ready!

We're at 553 Carroll St, Akron OH 44304

Thanks!
Tony

Tony I work in Fairlawn. I was curious, if I visited Murdock Inc. would they know what I was talking about if I tried to buy one of the hatch mats ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats what I need for my new Element. I didnt know such thing exsisted!! Cool. I have 4 dogs that have been in there once and the floor is scratched already, how sad :-x Any ideas for something I can put on the tailgate when they get in or something for the sides so they don't stratch the sides? lol. I'm paronoid about my new black beauty being scratched!!
Thanks all ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Call me a dork, but how do I order one of those mats? I also saw you can indeed get that aditional piece for the tailgate, sweet!! I'd like to order both of those. How much is shipping also? :smile:

Thanks

61 - 80 of 105 Posts