Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove an 06 Element EX-P AWD with 120k yesterday, it is in good condition overall but the only other V4 I've driven is a 94 Nissan Sentra which feels quick for its size because it's smaller and I imagine lighter.

However, the Element's acceleration felt like it was holding back, like it was missing a slight kick, no "umph". Not sure how to describe it.

Now, I didn't "floor it" and I understand this isn't a sports car but does that sound normal?

Thanks!

JM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, Ppunx.

The Element is no speed demon. However you'd have to drive another one at least to know whether the one you're interested in is out of the ordinary.

Also, it's an inline 4, not a vee.
Yes you're right, thanks. Wasn't thinking when I typed V4.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've had a Lexus ES300, a Nissan Maxima, and a Mazda 626. My E seems pretty sprightly to me, all things considered. I don't know if the gearing is much different between the four and five speed automatics, or what difference the additional 10 hp of my '09 makes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So we decided to buy the car nonetheless. The price is good and the Element meets most of our needs. Mechanic is doing a general inspection Friday but I will be picking it up tonight so I will update then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts