Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This web site is great for ideas, asking questions, and helping each other out with problems. Since "slamming the hatch" has come up multiple times, I thought I'd write a good report about this.

My Element rolled off the truck on Monday, fresh from manufacturing. The hatch closes firmly, but I don't have to slam it at all, unlike all the Elements I test drove. Maybe those folks in Alabama (where at least mine was made) are getting the hang of adjusting them.

Perhaps improvements are already becoming visible, or is mine just a fortunate fluke?! Here's one data point.

And so far, with all of my 180+ miles, it's been great with no problems what so ever!

·
Registered
914 Posts
It might depend on how hard you close it. A slam to me might be different to you. But, I also haven't had to slam it, but just letting gravity close it doesn't work either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too had to take mine back in to have the hatch realigned.

On a side note, the dealer told me to anticipate a recall in regards to the sunroof's funky and difficult removal.

Peace!
kjs

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that it's all in the perception of the individual. That's why I mentioned that mine is closing easier than the Elements that I had test driven. I see a noticable difference between those "early(!)" models and mine. But this may be abnormal rather than a sign of improvement.

Just thought I'd "share".

Fog lights came in to the dealer yesterday, so the beast is off to have them installed. And then I hope to have some fun!

·
Registered
121 Posts
[quote:fea5583935="kjs"]I too had to take mine back in to have the hatch realigned.

On a side note, the dealer told me to anticipate a recall in regards to the sunroof's funky and difficult removal.

Peace!
kjs[/quote:fea5583935]

Recall? Meaning what? Is it broken? Will I get a new one? Will it work differnt than it does now? Maybe I won't tint it just yet...

Details please?

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote:8465005c4f="dstranathan"][quote:8465005c4f="kjs"]... the dealer told me to anticipate a recall in regards to the sunroof's funky and difficult removal.
[/quote:8465005c4f]

Recall? Meaning what? Is it broken? Will I get a new one? Will it work differnt than it does now? Maybe I won't tint it just yet...

Details please?[/quote:8465005c4f]

Recall meaning that they will replace part or all of sunroof for free. That is how I understand recalls to work. My Honda Sales Rep told that when he went to the training for the Element that there were concerns and occurrences of the handle breaking because the method required to take out and put back in the sunroof. He said they anticipated a recall not that one was imminent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts