Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just picked up my new 2010 Element EX 4WD tonight and I've got a few questions about installing my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT. I have the standard stereo (no factory Nav) with the sub and XM.

I've read through the forums and did alot of searching, if I missed anything I apologize for asking - I gave it an honest attempt though.

First, I read through the info about the EX models having seperate amps that need LINE LEVEL inputs. Does this apply to the 2010 model year as well? The reason I ask is, Crutchfield is recommending a standard speaker level input harness when I input my car's info and I want to verify that they are wrong.

Second, I read through a few posts where a Pioneer XM tuner was mounted behind the left rear panel. Is this where the FACTORY XM tuner is? I'd like to use the factory XM antenna (by pulling the connector off) but I just want to verify that's where I'll find the connector.

Third, are there any 'step by steps' with pics to removing the interior parts (dash, rear panels, etc)? Again, I searched but did not see them.

And lastly, for those that have hooked up the Pioneer AVIC-F700BT or any of the similar models, how is ths sound output? When hooked up with lune level inputs is is signifigantly better than the stock head unit? I don't want to buy new amps and speakers right now, I just want slighly 'clearer' sound than stock...and obviously my nav and bluetooth. :p

Sorry for the long first post, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide! I'm hoping I can pick up most of the parts I need locally and get this installed Saturday.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hi all, I just picked up my new 2010 Element EX 4WD tonight and I've got a few questions about installing my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT. I have the standard stereo (no factory Nav) with the sub and XM.

I've read through the forums and did alot of searching, if I missed anything I apologize for asking - I gave it an honest attempt though.

First, I read through the info about the EX models having seperate amps that need LINE LEVEL inputs. Does this apply to the 2010 model year as well? The reason I ask is, Crutchfield is recommending a standard speaker level input harness when I input my car's info and I want to verify that they are wrong.

Second, I read through a few posts where a Pioneer XM tuner was mounted behind the left rear panel. Is this where the FACTORY XM tuner is? I'd like to use the factory XM antenna (by pulling the connector off) but I just want to verify that's where I'll find the connector.

Third, are there any 'step by steps' with pics to removing the interior parts (dash, rear panels, etc)? Again, I searched but did not see them.

And lastly, for those that have hooked up the Pioneer AVIC-F700BT or any of the similar models, how is ths sound output? When hooked up with lune level inputs is is signifigantly better than the stock head unit? I don't want to buy new amps and speakers right now, I just want slighly 'clearer' sound than stock...and obviously my nav and bluetooth. :p

Sorry for the long first post, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide! I'm hoping I can pick up most of the parts I need locally and get this installed Saturday.
use the 70-1725 harness for your radio then follow the instruction in the sticky in the mobile electronics section about wiring the rest up. the 2010 is the exact same. you should be able to pay a little more and get the 70-1725 from crutchfield as well as the scosche ha-1702b kit.

the xm tuner is behind the right rear trim panel in the cargo area. there is a thread towards the top of the ME section about this exact thing right now.

welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU!!!

I did some more poking around and found almost everything, the important thing is that the info applies to my 2010. I didn't want to waste any money on the wrong harness.

Thanks again, I'll post some pics when I'm finished. :grin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you piost some pics? I'm 2009 owner looking to make some audio changes as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts