Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought an 04 Element, previous car was an Impreza wagon.

I'm diggin' the Element.. I'm hunting for an OEM Fog light kit for the Canadian model.

How many KM's should I expect to get out of full tank?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome! I fill up at 50,000 but have gone 60,000, and it likely will go even further but it's probably not good for the Element. Fill out your profile and let us know where in Canada you are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eastern Canada Owners

I'm glad to see that the Eastern Canada Owners forum is now gone World Wide! But I would appreciate hearing from some owners in Eastern Canada, namely in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! I fill up at 50,000 but have gone 60,000, and it likely will go even further but it's probably not good for the Element. Fill out your profile and let us know where in Canada you are.
60,000 off a tank? That's 59,629 more than I got on my first tank. I got 371km on 43 litres.

I'm glad to see that the Eastern Canada Owners forum is now gone World Wide! But I would appreciate hearing from some owners in Eastern Canada, namely in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Then you'll be happy to know I'm from Prince Edward Island!

Wheres the pics:confused:
My E, named Elwood, is covered in a blanket of road salt. sigh It won't look as good as it did on the dealer lot again until at least April!

Welcome to the forum. Hope that 2009 is a great "E" year for you and yours.
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I would have been back right away... I guess I forgot to click "notify me of replies"

Ah well!

·
Registered
660 Posts
60,000 off a tank? That's 59,629 more than I got on my first tank. I got 371km on 43 litres.
OOOOps. I can't get the kms verses miles straight so I don't know what I'm talking about. It should be something like 500k's with 50 liters or better, sometimes up to 600ks. Does that sound any better?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOOOps. I can't get the kms verses miles straight so I don't know what I'm talking about. It should be something like 500k's with 50 liters or better, sometimes up to 600ks. Does that sound any better?
I'll push the next tank a little farther next time - I got 230mi on 11.5g, or 20mpg... if my math is correct, which is seldom. So I bought an iphone app that'll keep track of my mileage. I haven't used it yet, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mi --> km = x 1.6
gal -> l = x 3.8
Alternatively, and my preferred method while in front a computer...

google "371 km to mi" (no quotes)

Somehow, google has the advanced technology to perform the conversion in milliseconds. They must have really fast computerizers.

All joking aside, it's quite useful for conversions like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mileage

I am lucky to get 400 km before the light goes on! If I'm real careful, I can get 11 liters per 100 km. If I'm pushing it, I need 14 liters per 100 km (20 MPG). Do I need new plugs or somethin? I've got 122,000 km on an 03.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
the best i got was about 300 mi per tank..... regular city driving 230 mi per tank... now that i have a canadian E too...i will have to see what i get in km's

·
Registered
22 Posts
The tank holds 60 liters; you do 300 miles on a tank. 300 miles is 480 Km.
So you get 12.5 liters per 100 km, which is what i average. It's the low 20's MPG.
Not terribly good, but there has to be a cost somewhere for the fun factor right?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Mileage does get better with time, and with full tire pressure and reasonable driving. 12.5 liters per 100kms is low. I do better with 10 liters per 100kms or better.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i was told the driver is not fuel efficient... 75mph on the highway and always 10-20 over spd limit.

perhaps we need to replace the driver

1 - 19 of 19 Posts