Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to thank the many people in the DIY section for making me comfortable about buying an element. I just bought mine today (2010 EX) and am looking forward to adding the features I'll be missing from my 2005 Outback such as the heated seats and heated mirrors. My wife has a 2009 Forester and I'm confident I'll be able to figure out how to add a Gentex mirror when I get around to ordering one. The hams on here allowed me to see that the car will be useful as a mobile station.

All in all, what I want to say is thanks for making me feel like this car is customizable. I know talented folks do amazing things with all sorts of cars but the Element (I'll get to calling it an E soon enough... I'm just new and it feels uncomfortable ;) just has a certain feel to it. It reminds me of my '87 Corolla to be quite honest. Or maybe my '90 Corolla All-Trac which I managed to replace the heater core in (full dash removal required for that one!)

Just to put all this in perspective, here's a little background about myself.

I'm a computer programmer who is happy when I can wash the grease off my hands after an oil change. I helped a friend screw up his breaks on a mid 80s Subaru once. My efforts to repair an '82 dodge van's thermostat included a block of wood -- actually to be more honest, the solution was simply the block of wood. I've always had an interest in machines and automobiles in particular but I've never had much luck with working on them.

I'm looking forward to customizing the simple things in my new box-o-joy and getting experience and confidence to move to bigger projects.

So in a word: thanks.

EDIT: forgot to mention... for all the hams out there, KL0HP.

·
Registered
873 Posts
welcome !!!! gladd we could help.but if the future if your oil turns to greese it's either too cold or to late the moter is junk !!! I know it's an engine ,but do you buy moter oil ? or engine oil? ponder that fer a while.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Welcome to the Cult of E, Joa! Post some pics. Let's see that mobile station of yours. And whereabouts are you at (fill in profile, pls)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, didn't have a lot of time last time I posted but I wanted to join the club on the same day I got my Element.

Profile updated and a picture posted. The insurance agent I spoke with was a little surprised I put 110 miles on it on day 2. The picture is at a little cafe in Wasilla, AK where my wife and I drove.

As for the ham station in the car, I've never had one I was comfortable adding one to so this will be my first and so I don't have pics yet. When I do add one though, I'll make sure to take pics and document what I do to install it all :D

Geese on the table, grease definitely not in the engine. Good catch ;) I have never made that mistake in an engine -- only in typing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts