Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for this forum. I just found and purchased a previously stored 2011 Element owned by Honda with only 2,600 miles from new. It’s an EX AWD and is black. I am the first retail owner, and curious about whether to keep it stored, enjoy it or sell it to an enthusiast. The struggle is that it has never seen any weather, snow, salt etc. and the undercarriage and every part is showroom new! It seems a shame to not keep it this perfect, then again it’s charm is going to waste if it is not enjoyed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
624 Posts
First off, Welcome Aboard! You have come to the right place for all things Element!

What an incredible find! Probably the newest and lowest mileage on any Element anywhere!

And I understand your struggle! I would be torn too! Maybe you can compromise by just taking it out once in a while to keep it loose; but only on nice sunny days! And only in areas with minimal traffic!

Please show us some pictures of the buried treasure that you found; and make all of us envious too! ; - )

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure this is a popular opinion, but it is just a car, and one that touts utility above most other qualities... so just having it sit there seems weird.
Not sure what the goal is by keeping it a garage Queen? Just to admire is “beauty” (the E is not often accused of that)? Eventual resale value (seems like a poor investment)?

drive it, use it, enjoy it, take care of it.
😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the enjoy it and use it camp. I always buy used cars because I’m frugal, have bought one new car in my lifetime and my 99 Miata has 127k and I drive it every week in good weather, cars are meant to be enjoyed and driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m in the enjoy it and use it camp. I always buy used cars because I’m frugal, have bought one new car in my lifetime and my 99 Miata has 127k and I drive it every week in good weather, cars are meant to be enjoyed and driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miata is a GREAT choice, I’ve had 2 and they are amazing!,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a training center vehicle that was indoors the last 8 years, look how clean the undercarriage is! As a Honda Associate we have benefit to bid and buy. Vehicle is too nice not to just enjoy now. It’s a true time capsule and our family will start its next life now.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
It was a training center vehicle that was indoors the last 8 years, look how clean the undercarriage is! As a Honda Associate we have benefit to bid and buy. Vehicle is too nice not to just enjoy now. It’s a true time capsule and our family will start its next life now.
All I can say is WOW!

I'm fiercely fighting back the urge to drool right now! : - )

·
Registered
89 Posts
Outstanding. Enjoy this car as it was meant to be used. Has to be the the best recent find anywhere recently - maybe that 3,000 mile red show car recently with the caps on all the underside bolts comes close. This one hasn’t even reached the “well, I got my first scratch from a shopping cart” experience yet.
Are you in a rust-prone area?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Outstanding. Enjoy this car as it was meant to be used. Has to be the the best recent find anywhere recently - maybe that 3,000 mile red show car recently with the caps on all the underside bolts comes close. This one hasn’t even reached the “well, I got my first scratch from a shopping cart” experience yet.
Are you in a rust-prone area?
Yes, but it is already stored away for winter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts