Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the car in NJ mid April. Love it. With 800mi, a crack appeared in the lower left edge of the windshield under the wiper, then travelled up 8in and to the left 12in. The dealer said it was not covered by warranty so I had it replaced. It was under my $500 insurance deductable. On this website, I see several windshield complaints. I hope to stay updated on the situation.
Today, I installed the door shades. Although it was supposed to be simple, a hairdryer was helpful peeling back the tape backing [ forget the masking tape ] make sure the clips are fully seated in the channel before removing the backing and pressing in place. Also the hairdryer works well to remove dealer logo and the 'element' emblem; pull slowly while heating. Clean with alcohol. I plan to do some conservative mods, so will share with pics when done. Daffy 8)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Daffy - you had better run not walk to that Honda store that just slipped you the big pink one. There is a honda service bulletin #03-028 that fixes that very problem. If you get no satifaction from them then you had better write Honda America about your mishap. What that dealer did to you was just WRONG! Good Luck in your efforts and please keep this forum advised of your situation.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Simon - go the "Exterior" forum then look for the string "Honda admitting windshield problem" written by jayharley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts