Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust. No Resonator. Custom bent Piping. STILL have the cat.

I do NOT really like the positioning of the end muffler/tip...i may reroute it to the left side with more piping..or angle it more towards the right. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
but how does it sound.??? wing, wing wing, aaaratrattatatat,.p-fffffffft, burrrrrrrburrrrrbrbrbrbrbbbbb or VROOM VROOMM screach!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sound?

HKS Hi-Power Exhaust. No Resonator. Custom bent Piping. STILL have the cat.

I do NOT really like the positioning of the end muffler/tip...i may reroute it to the left side with more piping..or angle it more towards the right. What do you think?
What does it sound like? More important, do you like the way it sounds?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i super dig the sound. ill try to post a sound clip sometime soon..i did this mod to satiate my curiousity of how an hks would sound on an element..though not cosmetically sleek..its different. i live in the 626..im sure ill blend it nicely..."/

·
Registered
98 Posts
exhaust system

I just got don installing a very cool exhaust system on my 09 EX.
I was the Dynomax Performance Exhaust man for 32 years , just recently I retired.
From the cat back 2 inch custom mandrel bent pipe.
24 inch long magnaflow SS resanator 2 inch
Dynomax ultraflow SS 2 inch muffler
Vibrant Very good quality Tip 2 inch.
All welded and flat banded SS Clamps.

You need to configure the system as closest possible to the origional, if not it will be very noisy.
With exhaust, K & N Filter or CAI if I could find one that fits, and a performance chip ( if there is one for an 09). No doubt the horsepower/performance would increase by 10 plus percent.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Looks great,but I also think it would look better angled to the right a bit. How about a video? I'd sure like to hear it.:)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Angle it up and to the right, give it the hks civic si, subi wrx/sti style, I think a little upwards tilt always looks better with a coffee can style exhaust, your setup the shop did just looks as that, an exhaust job by a shop that wanted to get it off their lift fast, hows it sound though?

·
Registered
79 Posts
agreed on the idea ot angle it to the right, anyway you could get notch made in your bumper so you could have it a bit closer to car, when they are almost completely visable it looks like they are just stuck on

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ty for the compliments and erthang else..got a couple compliments already at school today so I'm happy..I love the sound..I took a vid but following the speed limit I got to a whopping 20 mph..I like the suggestion of up and to the right..looking under though there seems to be little wiggle room to do so..guessin a lol extra pipe downwards and angled..I think it's proportianallu perfect for my ride

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
^^The first clip sounded pretty good,but the second one nearly blew out my F*@#%ing speakers.lol:) I'd definitely like to hear one with you getting on it though.The throttle that is.:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ewww lol...

is it just me...or does the videos rite after the first clip = b00ty clapping?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Did anyone notice when he sets the camera down he stole the scene from transformers of the decepticon on mars being taken by the satelite car thing, I call for copy right enfringment.
The drive bye sounded decent, but after hearing the reving video, I would be stuffing it with potatoes while your sleeping if I was your neighbor.
Mobile potato gun, now that would be sweet!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Phone was too close to exhaust..I'll stick with more drive by vids. Insane sc don't hate me cuz u ain't me

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not hating, just playin'. And I wouldn't want to be you, lol. Are you gonna have it re-angled? Did the exhaust come with a silencer? I ask because those come in handy on long trips, just so the drone does not drive you insane.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Phone was too close to exhaust..I'll stick with more drive by vids. Insane sc don't hate me cuz u ain't me
Sound pretty good, even though the phone was too close. When I did a sound clip of my Injen exhaust, I had the mic taped to the bumper right above the tip-too much "rattle".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts