·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Do the Bill Cosby mod. :rolleyes:

What are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Injen is probably the best option. I got it because of how many on here. The Gibson has a reputation of getting a little farty. Those are the two I researched.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Custom is the only way to go and is half or less the price of the injen. That way you can customize your own sound and your own tip. Good luck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Custom is the only way to go and is half or less the price of the injen. That way you can customize your own sound and your own tip. Good luck.
I think the person is looking for more advise than just the overused term "custom". Getting something for less is not always the goal. Some people want quality too. Of course a cherry bomb will save you a fortune but you will be the laughing stock of the neighborhood. Cutting in a flowmaster will save a ton as well but they are made for V8's, not I4's. What custom setup do you have and/or what would you specifically recommend?

The injen kit is stainless too, something that cheap companies don't make. Another risk with going "custom" is not having the best pipe bending done. My hunch is companies research this stuff more than a guy in a muffler shop.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Folger's coffee can.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Don't underestimate your local fabricators. There is a guy in S. FL that did my buddies 240sx for cheap. $350 for a FULL 3" tig welded exhaust with muffler, it was way nicer that half the stuff you buy for 3 times as much.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Basset Box, love your dog! He looks like he's the same color as mine! He loves sitting on the front seat while I'm driving. Windshield is always covered with nose prints!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ordered an Injen exhaust yesterday. Can hardly wait to get it and have it put on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts