Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I talked to KYB on the phone briefly, so far these are the details we have for the KYB strut plus complete assemblies.

This is a new product for KYB and will be released this year. The latest they are expecting them to be available is June 2021 and we won't know the pricing until they are released but it could be available in a couple of months from now.

As of right now they do not have plans to make the SC strut assembly which is the slighty lower ride height springs and firmer dampeners.

They are making both front and rear complete strut assemblies for the 2003 - 2011 non SC models.

The part numbers are as follows

2003 – 2011 HONDA ELEMENT KYB STRUT PLUS COMPLETE STRUT ASSEMBLIES

LEFT FRONT SR4604

RIGHT FRONT SR4603

LEFT REAR SR4606

RIGHT REAR SR4605

·
Registered
36 Posts
So this would be the strut and the spring as a whole package correct. Has any used a KRB before would you say they are better than manufacture?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it would be a complete strut/shock with the springs already assembled, only need to remove the old strut assemblies which are a few bolts and put this one in, hopefully you have no rusty or seized bolts

I have used KYB on other cars before they are excellent and are a well known brand and are high quality and last a long time, I believe they are also an OE supplier for suspension parts to auto manufacturers as well

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
So this would be the strut and the spring as a whole package correct. Has any used a KRB before would you say they are better than manufacture?
My experience with KYB in the VW strut market is that they're a comparable "replacement" to OEM meeting or exceeding auto manufacturers specs. Not an upgrade of sorts but a quality and affordable replacement....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay I talked to KYB on the phone briefly, so far these are the details we have for the KYB strut plus complete assemblies.

This is a new product for KYB and will be released this year. The latest they are expecting them to be available is June 2021 and we won't know the pricing until they are released but it could be available in a couple of months from now.

As of right now they do not have plans to make the SC strut assembly which is the slighty lower ride height springs and firmer dampeners.

They are making both front and rear complete strut assemblies for the 2003 - 2011 non SC models.

The part numbers are as follows

2003 – 2011 HONDA ELEMENT KYB STRUT PLUS COMPLETE STRUT ASSEMBLIES

LEFT FRONT SR4604

RIGHT FRONT SR4603

LEFT REAR SR4606

RIGHT REAR SR4605
Thanks - greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks - greatly appreciated. Any idea how many hours it will take my mechanic to install? Does it require special tools? Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - greatly appreciated. Any idea how many hours it will take my mechanic to install? Does it require special tools? Thanks
I havent changed the rears on my Element yet but when my mechanic did the front strut assembly, it only took them a few minutes! I wish I had done the fronts at home myself on a jack, would have saved me a bit of cash but I was worried about seized or rusty bolts breaking, so much so that I had ordered all brand new bolts from Honda but we didn't need any of them. The dealer took the bolts back.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called KYB this morning the complete strut assemblies are still awaiting arrival on the market. They are scheduled for this quarter and the quarter just began, will update when I find out more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just an FYI....I am a fan of KYB and would much rather full assemblies vs. just towers....but unfortunately the ones for elements are not yet available. I just got off the phone and according to the woman I just talked to, they do not have a release date yet and she confirmed that one is not imminent.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I have heard terrible things about Monroe from many people including mechanics who have tried them on their own personal cars so I don't consider them to be an option, at least not for struts or complete strut assemblies

Maybe you could use a Monroe spring with a KYB strut, if you cant wait for the complete strut asemblies from KYB

TEIN is an alternative for springs only and I think there would be some lowering to them

H and R springs is one of if not the best spring manufacturer in the world and they make their "sport spring" for the Element but they are about 1.5" lowering

Do a search on here as I believe someone else had mentioned other spring manufacturers

I see there are some other options on Rock Auto like Gabriel and others but I could not speak to their quality or longevity

2004 HONDA ELEMENT 2.4L L4 Strut / Coil Spring / Mount Assembly | RockAuto

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I have heard terrible things about Monroe from many people including mechanics who have tried them on their own personal cars so I don't consider them to be an option, at least not for struts or complete strut assemblies

Maybe you could use a Monroe spring with a KYB strut, if you cant wait for the complete strut asemblies from KYB

TEIN is an alternative for springs only and I think there would be some lowering to them

H and R springs is one of if not the best spring manufacturer in the world and they make their "sport spring" for the Element but they are about 1.5" lowering

Do a search on here as I believe someone else had mentioned other spring manufacturers

I see there are some other options on Rock Auto like Gabriel and others but I could not speak to their quality or longevity

2004 HONDA ELEMENT 2.4L L4 Strut / Coil Spring / Mount Assembly | RockAuto
I'm not finding anyone who makes just the strut for the 2007. It seems like 03-06 is covered. I had heard there was a change in the design where the left and right spring coils are wound differently, so maybe nobody felt like dealing with that. At this point I'm going to buy a new mount/bearing and use the originals. The rears need replacing as they tend to bounce a bit, but the fronts seem fine at this point. Installing the Aerogenics 2" lift soon.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not finding anyone who makes just the strut for the 2007. It seems like 03-06 is covered. I had heard there was a change in the design where the left and right spring coils are wound differently, so maybe nobody felt like dealing with that. At this point I'm going to buy a new mount/bearing and use the originals. The rears need replacing as they tend to bounce a bit, but the fronts seem fine at this point. Installing the Aerogenics 2" lift soon.
KYBs website shows they do have just the rear struts available on their own, the Excel G, part number 344611

https://www.kyb.com/catalog/

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,936 Posts
KYB is the OE manufacture for our E's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts