Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I just got new headlights for the E. I do almost all of my driving at night and after about 4 years the headlights finally gave out. Which was fine because the OEM headlights were nowhere near bright enough. I replaced them with what the dealership recommended for brighter and wider disbursement of light. Here are some pictures next to a 2005 EX Pilot with OEM headlights. By the way the headlights I installed are a pair of Polarg headlights, however I have no idea what the specific model was, its whatever the dealership had. I was stuck without headlights and had work in the evening so I decided whatever they had was fine and luckily I have really liked them, although I could see myself moving to HIDs at somepoint. Unless someone comes out with an LED replacement headlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah..i would like to know more about these headlights.

I'm thinking of doing an HID conversion but if i can just get bulbs, that'll be most excellent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll see what I can find as far as the model of the bulb I got. However, be advised they are not too much brighter than the OEM bulbs however the most marked difference is their ability to reflect road signs and reflectors in the road. They are tinted a very light blue which gives them that bright white look. There is no simple bulb replacement for HIDs, they require ballasts and different wiring, but if you are looking to improve your night vision and don't have a money tree in your backyard these cost me around 50 bucks for the pair.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had been using Philips Vision Plus H4 for all of H4 bulbs I had for several years. They are the best non-HID in the bad weather at night. They reflect white reflector on the road very well.

They are not US approved, so you will likely have to get it from UK or other Europe country. I got mine from www.powerbulbs.com. Bought several times from them without any issue. I used to have 4Runner for 10 years before my E. They are also highly recommended by 4Runner owners.

I also see powerbulbs carry Philips X-Treme Power H4 & Osram Night Breaker H4. They looks like even more powerful than Vision Plus. Have not use either one of them before.

Just remember, they are approved in Europe, but not in US, so use on your own risk.

;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had been using Philips Vision Plus H4 for all of H4 bulbs I had for several years. They are the best non-HID in the bad weather at night. They reflect white reflector on the road very well.

They are not US approved, so you will likely have to get it from UK or other Europe country. I got mine from www.powerbulbs.com. Bought several times from them without any issue. I used to have 4Runner for 10 years before my E. They are also highly recommended by 4Runner owners.

I also see powerbulbs carry Philips X-Treme Power H4 & Osram Night Breaker H4. They looks like even more powerful than Vision Plus. Have not use either one of them before.

Just remember, they are approved in Europe, but not in US, so use on your own risk.

;-)
Hey Jazzy007,

What kind of life did you get out of these bulbs? Thanks!

·
Registered
428 Posts
The set I used on my 4Runner has been on the 4R for more than 6+ years, still was going strong until 4R was totaled a month ago. My 4R had Bilstein shocks, which is very stiff, & I also off-road it yearly in Eastern Sierra. It took a lot of beating without any issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
bright headlights

i was wondering ....whats are the brightest headlights for the element? im looking for the brightest white. not the blueish tint or purple tint ones. im thinking of getting the piaas intense white or the plasma gtx

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got the Plasma GT-X they are awesome. they give off a white light but when you look at the housing it kind of give a purple glow looks really good pls it is a really good upgrade from stock.

-Garrett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts