Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of replacing my headliner, as in re-doing it in a different fabric. I was thinking of some sort of rad plaid or like a designer print. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
DO IT!!! Might not be too hard. Just get some 3M Super 33 and spray the headliner then stick the new fabric right to it. Should be pretty cool!! GL and POST PICS!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Do it!!! and take a lot of pictures!!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think a nice stone or marble finish would really class up the Element's interior... :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Go ahead do it, but install 2 or 3 layers of dynamat sound deadner while the old one is down and you have the chance.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Here is mine in blue. Make sure you use a workable material. After you remove the liner lay the new fabric on top of the liner and work it into the corners. Spray glue on a small test piece and check if glue bleeds through. Fold the material in half and place weights on the fold line. Spray the material and board. Lay the material down when the glue is tacky to the touch but does not leave the board when you touch it. Have a friend help you lay the material down. With one person on each side, run your hand down the middle. Then from the middle work it out to each side. Try not to stretch the material but lay it into the corners. Rub the headliner down and ensure that all surfaces meet. Repeat for the other side. Try to let the headliner dry for a few hours before reinstalling. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow thanks everyone for all the comments and tips for doing this! I was thinking of Dynomating it while I had the headliner down. Thanks everyone I will def take a ton of pics and let you all know how it goes. Still looking for just the right fabric for the new headliner!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I wouldn't use dynamat, but Second Skin or the like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was thinking.....I also used about three cans of expanding foam purchased at Home Depot. I shot it down the front "A" pillars and in the rear quarters. That seemed to help! Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts