Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey

I think it's great that you guys have created such an awesome forum for owners of the Element. After doing a lot of research I'm finally ready to purchase mine. This is the one I'm looking at. I've put some money down so they will hold it for me until next weekend. I'd really love to get your opinions on the car, price, and the carfax report. Any and all input/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for having me!

http://hendrick-honda-easley.ebizau...a-element-ex-5232019.html?src=eBizAutos&pid=2

The VIN is: 5J6YH18616L009785

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Well to start off with it's the wrong color! Everyone knows that Atomic Blue gets the best mileage, And is faster than the other colors! :grin:

Welcome to the forum!

As for the price, it depends on what part of the country your in. Hep us out with that, Fill in your profile.

It looks good though!

I'm guessing that you must be close to This!

The link to the car.

Dom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dom!

Yea the car's physical location is in Easley, SC which is close to Greenville. I got them to go down on the sticker price about $1000 and they're giving me a good deal on my trade-in so I feel pretty good about the price. What did you think about the carfax report? It seems weird it's had four owners already...

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks Dom!

It seems weird it's had four owners already...

That is strange. People tend to keep these things.

Dom

·
Registered
446 Posts
We have an E on our street that same color. 2006? Best year ever :roll: I'm not sure what they're asking for it but is it a Certfied Used Car by the dealership? If it is Certified, ask to see the checklist of what they did to it for service. It should also have a 1 year warranty if it is plus the remainder of Honda's power train warranty (good through 2013). Look for seat cracks, if they're there, maybe knock a few more bucks off. Is it a 2WD? If so, it should be priced as one. Looks good - good luck with it.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
For having 4 owners the E looks great! I don't think EX's came in 2WD but either way it's a great looking E!

·
Registered
115 Posts
So where are y'all getting all the other info(Carfax, etc.)? That link only gives me pictures......

Personally, I like it a lot, if only because it's a dead ringer for mine......HOWEVER, I was under the impression that the color scheme, which appears to be Satin Silver Metallic with Navy Blue accents, only came out on the 2005 model- info is from the Wikipedia entry for "Honda Element"-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Element

As far as the mileage goes, I think it's more than acceptable. When I was shopping for my E I was shopping both locally and online in Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina and I don't recall seeing any 2003-2004 Elements with anything like that mileage. Used to be 10,000 a year was pretty average mileage. I was very happy to find my '05 EX with only 56,000 miles on it. Like I said I seem to be able to see only the images but if the price is in the 12-14,000 range and the Carfax score is good I'd seriously consider it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It would appear that Wikipedia is wrong. Not the first time!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Good for you! Happy driving!

It's what I do now.

Dom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine had about the same mileage when I picked it up(56k). As far as 4 owners, when I was getting the title and everything sorted out, it had about 8 different owners. Weird. Its whatever though. My E is awesome!

Congrats on finding one!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think the 06 is newer than my 04 :)

Other-wise, black is known to be faster.:grin:

############################################

Hey

I think it's great that you guys have created such an awesome forum for owners of the Element. After doing a lot of research I'm finally ready to purchase mine. This is the one I'm looking at. I've put some money down so they will hold it for me until next weekend. I'd really love to get your opinions on the car, price, and the carfax report. Any and all input/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for having me!

http://hendrick-honda-easley.ebizau...a-element-ex-5232019.html?src=eBizAutos&pid=2

·
Registered
115 Posts
What a great feeling, to be picking up your E! Congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.