Honda Element Owners Club banner

New here...

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  LunchBoxDriver 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my name is RJ and I just purchased my first element. Needless to say, i love it! 2010 EX 4wd in the slate gray. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

couple questions...

1. i found a harness by the spare tire, i am assuming this is for a trailer set up. Is the $500 kit from Honda required or would an aftermarket set up (avg price of $150) work too?

2. anyone have / use the tent set up? How is it? How much room does it take up when transporting?

3. Anyone go on the beach with their element? A local beach sells permits to go on and bbq, hang out, etc. Looking at the stock tires, i am a little concerned about traction.

4. In general, is there a website to get genuine Honda accessories for less than the Honda price?

Also, open to any "must do's" to the element.

Thanks,
-rj

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard.

To answer question #1, yes, it's for the trailer package. There are a few different places to buy them.

Question #2 I can't answer cuz I don't have one.

Question #3, there are numerous threads about how crappy the stock tires are. For me, since I live in Kansas, the stock tires will suffice until I can talk the wife into rims and tires.

Question #4, the other areas of this site are sponsored by several vendors. HandA is very popular for OEM Honda accessories. Check out the "Interior", "Exterior", "DIY", "Under the Hood" and "Tires and Wheels" sections.

Good luck and keep us posted with your mods and upgrades.

#3 ·
First off, welcome!

Secondly....

1. i found a harness by the spare tire, i am assuming this is for a trailer set up. Is the $500 kit from Honda required or would an aftermarket set up (avg price of $150) work too?

A: Honestly, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. For some reason, I keep thinking of the attachments for the optional cargo net...:twisted:

2. anyone have / use the tent set up? How is it? How much room does it take up when transporting?

A: I have an '03, but I know a few people have purchased the optional Honda branded tent for their E. From what I've seen, it's certainly functional, but not worth the inflated price. There are a few 3rd Party manufacturers for SUV tents, so you might want to look around

3. Anyone go on the beach with their element? A local beach sells permits to go on and bbq, hang out, etc. Looking at the stock tires, i am a little concerned about traction.

A: I've taken my E onto the beach, with the factory tires and wheels and never had an issue with traction, if anything, it handled great on the sand.

4. In general, is there a website to get genuine Honda accessories for less than the Honda price?

A: Thankfully with online purchasing at an all time high, there are a lot of wholesalers/online dealers for everything Honda OEM. If you check this portion of the forums: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45 you'll find several companies offering discounted prices for Element accessories (I'd recommend HandA)

Also, open to any "must do's" to the element.

A: As far as must-do's, most people would suggest getting the storage armrest right off the bat. From what I recall though, it's a snug fit with the newer gen of E. Personally, I'd recommend getting a carpet or mat set for the flooring. Other than that, it's all up to you. Browse the "DIY" sections for more ideas.
WELCOME AGAIN TO THE EOC!

#7 ·
Welcome! One "must do" is to protect your A/C condensor/Radiator with a grill gaurd mod. Many versions. Choose one and have fun!

#10 ·
Hey guys, my name is RJ and I just purchased my first element. Needless to say, i love it! 2010 EX 4wd in the slate gray. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

couple questions... (Huh...? :? ONLY two...?
)

2. anyone have / use the tent set up? How is it? How much room does it take up when transporting? (Size of 2 big sleeping bags)

4. In general, is there a website to get genuine Honda accessories for less than the Honda price? (Definitely HandA...!)

Also, open to any "must do's" to the element. (HD Grill Guard)

Thanks,
-rj
Wow, how this slipped my mind is beyond me (too many Blue Moons I suspect), but the VERY FIRST THING you will need to purchase for your Element, is of course the coveted EOC sticker ;)

http://www.hondaclubstore.com/element-owners-club/merch.htm
Agreed...!

Welcome! One "must do" is to protect your A/C condensor/Radiator with a grill gaurd mod. Many versions. Choose one and have fun!
Allow me...

Link HERE... Lower Grill...
Link HERE... Upper Grill...

I thought the storage armrest wasn't for the EX?
Technically it WILL fit with the cooler in there but the spacing is pretty tight... Plus, it won't match up with the color of the interior but it fits... It makes the cooler tough to get to...

Lastly,

:eoc:
-L B D

#11 ·
I'm new, too!

Picked up my new Element LX 4WD Royal Blue Pearl last night--traded in my 2000 CRV, which I loved, but it was time to say good bye. I am really liking the Element, and I have nothing to compare it to so I can't say the changes for 2010 are bad ones.
I do have one question: I am tired of carrying around a key AND remote and would like the one-piece version Honda provides for some other cars-- I can't find where this is available for the Element-- any tips? Also, where are the grille mods sold?

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.