Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my 05 E on the 14th (of August 2009) and I am loving it (so is my wife and child).

I am looking forward to talk with all of you and doing some mods.

DONE
I have already replaced the headlights with Philips X-treme Power Head lights

ORDERED (and waiting on)
OEM roof rack
Weapon R Secret short ram intake

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group - how about posting some pictures of your E in it's temporary home................

Any thoughts as to where the "new" home might be?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my new home.

As for pictures I am working on it its over cast and raining right now. I was going to wash it and snap some pictures but I will see what I can do =p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pictures of my just hand washed E.

The back mat will be replaced with a Elemmat ONLY if I can get the EOC logo in the back!:D
(ok either way I'll get one)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Westy...!

Welcome and congrats...! Question, did the '05s come with side-airbags on the front seats...? Just curious coz I know the E has got some awesome safety ratings (5+5 stars) but a 3 on the rollover...

Congrats and may she bring you many years of service and enjoyment...!

LBD

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
There ya go !
Thanks for postin'

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it did!
She should last a long time. I do all maintenance, 91 octane fuel only, full synth oil every 5-6k miles, check tires/tire pressure every week, etc.
I take very good care of my vehicles and in return I have had very few problems with all my vehicles!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....or I have just been one lucky SOB!:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome Westy. Your E will look and handle great drivin' through the Hills, one of my favorite growing up spots. Had a family cabin outside Hill City for a couple generations.

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
The first mod should be the Front Grill. :)
I might be wrong here, but I think jea means is to go get the Home Depot Gutter Guard and protect the compressor for the AC by installing it inside the grill. Even black twisty ties won't show, but it sure keeps rocks and stones out.

Sorry jea, I didn't want anyone to think they needed to replace a grill...hehehehe

jurn

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
Many of us have changed out the horn for a louder Accord horn.

Also:
rear latch handle and the rear release handle, fog lights, side blinking marker lights and a platform for camping if you should be interested.

j.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My grille is from the grille guy I am just waiting for it in the mail. (I wanted a black one)
I ordered some bling lights earlier this week.
AND I bought the connectors needed for the side marker mod yesterday and I am doing that today. If my grille shows up in the mail today I will be installing that too. After I clean the bugs out of my radiator that is!:D

I have been reading a lot of threads and hopeing to be a active member (life can get in the way! but I will try my hardest ;-))

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Nicely down Westy... Glad to hear that you're taking real good care of your E and I'm guessing once you get some new plugs in, you'll be good for 100,000 miles...!

I did notice the tag and was making sure that was part of a cool safety feature of the E's... I'm a first time Honda owner (had Chevy's, Toys, and Jeeps growin' up) but now that I'm an ADULT, I get to have my very own E...!

Nice pics too...!
LBD

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I look at it this way it helps my engine run better, well its more responsive and runs smoother (plus all the midgrade over here as ethanol in it and I have not had good luck with ethanol and cars). So for .10 more the 87 (its always .20 more then 81 here, and 87 is the same price as 81).

.10 x 17 (gallon tank) = 1.70
.20 x 17 = 3.40 (i have seen it .20 more before but never filled up there)

If each fill up I pay that much more with my engine running smoother (better) and more responsive which in turn should prolong engine life because the engine is running more efficiently.

PLUS what is 1.70 - 3.40 a week (give or take) 1.70 is a energy drink on sale. 3.40 is a drink and snack. Sure its adds up over a years time but you dont see it at that years time you just spent it somewhere else that week. So why not just spend it on something that makes your vehicle happy!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It seems like a small price to pay for something that could potentionally prolong your engines life. If it does or not I dont know but It seems like a small price to pay that could have some big benefits in the long run.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts